BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night Version of Route

2 posters

Go down

Night Version of Route Empty Night Version of Route

Post by waterburn Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 pm

I am using Route.ambientlight to create night version of the TTC YUS route. I was wondering how I can add light to stations and in the tunnels. Do I use Route.DirectionalLight somehow? Thanks in advance.

waterburn

Back to top Go down

Night Version of Route Empty Re: Night Version of Route

Post by waterburn Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:23 am

Somehow the nighttime textures I specify in the CSV objects don't load even if I said the ambient light to low. Yet it works fine in route viewer. Anyone know why? Rolling Eyes

waterburn

Back to top Go down

Post by LabRatAndy Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:55 pm

I think your getting confused over the function of ambientlight and directionallight commands.
According to the documentation ambientlight is the colour of the ambient light source this will illuminate all objects regardless of orientation. Likewise directionallight is the colour of the directional light source and is used with lightdirection to set is position, it will only illuminate faces that face the light source.
The brightness command affects the light levels as perceived in the cab and is used to create the effect of tunnels, bridges, etc. Note that the level decreases or increases between two of these commands.
The effect of street lighting is done with the setemissivecolour command in the object file, making that particular face or faces appear to be lit up, rather than be illuminated by the ambient or directional light sources.

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down