BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos

+4
johnsinden
Northern Line
tonytrainsfree1
devilreborn
8 posters

Go down

LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos Empty LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos

Post by devilreborn Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm

A friend of mine and I am both interested in the London Underground and decide to make a new version of the unrefurbished D78 stock with train interior for OpenBVE. The thing is, we don't live in London (we aren't even British), and obtaining textures have become a very difficult task to us. Hence, I wonder if some of you guys can help us out by taking pictures for us.

We are currently needing:
  • Interior District line map
  • Destination indicators (Upminster and Wimbledon)

If you are interested (or happen to have photos of them) please PM me with the photo included. Any help is greatly appreciated. Very Happy

Note: To save work, we decided to remodel the train with existing objects, namely the OpenBVE C69/77 Stock by Dan Floyd and the current BVE D-Stock cab by Jimi Ibbett, James Galbraith, Jeffrey Wong, Kelvin Liu and Richard Helliwell. We are currently contacting the original creators, and the D-Stock cab has already been approved. Work will be immediately halted if anyone of them objects - yes, we are aware of copyright issues.

Regards,
devilreborn

Preview:

LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos 121030234579282052faf200fb
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos Empty Re: LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos

Post by tonytrainsfree1 Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:05 pm

this is a good picture keep me updated

tonytrainsfree1

Back to top Go down

LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos Empty Re: LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos

Post by Northern Line Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 am

Good work there; although nowadays you won't find unrefurbished D78 Stock, so unless anyone took loads of interior pics when they were unrefurbished, it might be hard to source the images needed.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Any good......??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Unrefurbished_D78_stock_interior_01-06.jpg
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Don't know feck-all about LU, but have a carriage map image 1024 x 256 its a png, zipped up to get it to upload here.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hugowong Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm

I also have a District Line Map xD
Attachments
LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos Attachment
district.gif.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(72 Kb) Downloaded 12 times

hugowong

Back to top Go down

Post by devilreborn Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:40 pm

It has been a week, and I received several photos... so thank you for all the support! Very Happy
I am still working on the interior, and should be able to post some more previews tomorrow.

Current to-do list:
-Transverse seating <--- the main problem
-Floor texture
-Ceiling

Once this is finished, there are also plans to create A-Stock and Refurbished D-Stock
devilreborn

Edit: I have just received a high-quality route map from meridian222017, so that part of the problem is solved. Thanks must be given to meridian222017 and other users who supported this project, including those who posted pictures. cheers
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by devilreborn Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Well it's been a while since I posted anything... It happened that I am working on restructuring the whole interior of the train, which is rather challenging. As a result of this, I can't really post any preview pics of the train interior, as it looks downright ugly at the moment.
Meanwhile, I decided to make a video of the train exterior and put it up on YouTube. Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHn3vdg2N5Y
Stay tuned! Cool
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hugowong Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Why don't use the original Bve D stock Motor Sound?

hugowong

Back to top Go down

Post by meridian222017 Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Looking awesome going by the video! As for your question hugowong, the 'original' sounds were, in terms of motor sounds, from the C stock - this being very inaccurate since the two sound different.

It's worth noting that unrefurbished D stock had no door chimes or automatic announcements, and I'll contact devilreborn regarding this. Wink

meridian222017

Back to top Go down

Post by devilreborn Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:59 am

The train is not complete. One does not simply expect everything to be correct =.=
Thanks for the feedback though
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by devilreborn Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Another update:
LU D-Stock in development: Request for photos Openbve2012112821514802

devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hugowong Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 am

What have upgraded?

hugowong

Back to top Go down

Post by devilreborn Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:07 pm

hugowong wrote:What have upgraded?
Shape of the train
Compare to the first pic and you will see
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesedude432 Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:24 pm

any news?
cheesedude432
cheesedude432

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Hey Cheesedude, I believe if there was any news on this project, the developer for this thread would have posted an update. I wouldn't recommend going down the history of posts to try resurrecting them since it's just clutter unless as I said the developers update the post with an update for the said project.

Thanks for understanding. 

Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down