BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for a tool.

3 posters

Go down

Request for a tool. Empty Request for a tool.

Post by alex_farlie Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi..

Would it be possible for there to be a 'tunnel' creator?

For metro routes, a 'tunnel' creator would make the task considerably easier. Smile

I am willing to discuss the requirements here if greymac and others are interested.

I was also considering creating the basics of a fictionalised 'contractors' line, for which Trackgen and a Tunnel generator would make very very easy to do.

As you are aware London has  2 'tubes' that no-passanger has used.

1. is Mail Rail
2. is The monorail installed in a tunnel used for routing a high tension power line.

Also a question to Greymac... - Does the Balleyfeckin or Waterville area have a Hydro scheme?  Very Happy (this gives me another thought)

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Request for a tool. Empty Re: Request for a tool.

Post by graymac Mon May 19, 2014 9:18 pm

For the limited amount of tunnels I've needed it is not a great inconvenience to me to custom code them.
I imagine if I was in the "underground" bizness it might be a different matter, but I have no intention of going that way, thanks all the same.

Also a question to Greymac... - Does the Balleyfeckin or Waterville area have a Hydro scheme?

You mean like electricity generation?? The answer's, "No". There is a hydroelectricity generating station on the Shannon at Ardnacrusha, near Limerick. It's not next to a railway line though. There are turf fired power stations at Drumlish and between Kilgarvan and Knockmore in the Balyyfeckin and Waterville routes.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Tue May 20, 2014 12:04 am

graymac wrote:For the limited amount of tunnels I've needed it is not a great inconvenience to me to custom code them.
I imagine if I was in the "underground" bizness it might be a different matter, but I have no intention of going that way, thanks all the same.

Also a question to Greymac... - Does the Balleyfeckin or Waterville area have a Hydro scheme?

You mean like electricity generation?? The answer's, "No". There is a hydroelectricity generating station on the Shannon at Ardnacrusha, near Limerick. It's not next to a railway line though. There are turf fired power stations at Drumlish and between Kilgarvan and Knockmore in the Balyyfeckin and Waterville routes.

Ah.. one idea I had was a fictional  hydro scheme having an internal 'works' railway to move men and plant in. (The real life examples I can think of are Ben Curchan in Scotland and Dinorwic in Wales.

I did at some point want to see an Industrial line represented in OpenBVE,  I did some searching for Irish ones and found this - http://www.shell.ie/aboutshell/our-business-tpkg/e-and-p/corrib/corrib-tunnel/tunnelling-update-may-2014.html

Which is on the Mayo Coast... Haven't looked for anything on mining operations yet  Very Happy

With the assistance of a tunnel creator, making a 'contractors' line for tunnel construction would be relatively easy assuming as always there was a source of reference images. Smile

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by ecreek Tue May 20, 2014 8:41 am

For tunnels I just use object bender. Create a 5m piece of tunnel and use object bender to create what ever length and radius you wish.

Michael

ecreek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down