BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE

2 posters

Go down

HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE Empty HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE

Post by F313 Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:31 pm

Hello all, I hope everybody's doing well. 
I just tried to launch the Jubilee Line route by BVEWesternRegion (in 32-bit), but openBVE either just crashes, or gives me various error codes. It mostly just crashes with no warning, though. The route loads fine with a different train. I've tried re-installing openBVE, re-installing the route and train from the original website, and running it on an older version of openBVE - one that it definitely used to work on, all to no avail. Is anybody else having this issue? Does anybody know or have any ideas about how to fix it? Many thanks in advance.

F.
F313
F313

Back to top Go down

HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE Empty Re: HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE

Post by leezer3 Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:00 pm

Please can you share a log / crash log from when you have an issue?

Bottom left of the main menu these can be accessed via the Report Problem link.

I'd also try with 64-bit. 
This route / train combination is *very* close to the 32-bit limit, and it may cause unexpected issues if the runtime starts trying to unload stuff.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE Empty Re: HELP - BVEWesternRegion LT1996_Openbve Train Not Loading in 32-bit OBVE

Post by F313 Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:21 am

leezer3 wrote:Please can you share a log / crash log from when you have an issue?

Bottom left of the main menu these can be accessed via the Report Problem link.

I'd also try with 64-bit. 
This route / train combination is *very* close to the 32-bit limit, and it may cause unexpected issues if the runtime starts trying to unload stuff.
@leezer3 Thanks for your reply!
The issue with running the route in 64-bit is that the train required doesn't function correctly in 64-bit. The route and train both load in 64-bit, though.
As I'm not the most tech-savvy person, I'm not entirely sure which bit of the crash log is useful, so I've copied and pasted the entire thing below (sorry).
I really appreciate your help.

16/10/2023 00:06:10
OpenBVE 1.9.2.3 Crash Log
Program is running on the Windows backend
Current screen resolution is: Full-screen 1920px X 1080px 32bit color-mode
Current routefile is: C:\Users\tuite\OneDrive\Desktop\Frank Tuite\Games\openBVE\Addon ZIP Files (LegacyContent)\LegacyContent\Railway\Route\London Underground\Jubilee Line\Jubilee Line V3 Stratford - West Hampstead.csv
Current train is: C:\Users\tuite\OneDrive\Desktop\Frank Tuite\Games\openBVE\Addon ZIP Files (LegacyContent)\LegacyContent\Train\London Underground\LT1996_Openbve
Current train plugin is: Alstom96.dll
12 file(s) not found
50 error(s), 58 warning(s)
The current routefile caused the following exception: 
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at OpenBveApi.Textures.BitmapOrigin.GetTexture(Texture& texture)
   at LibRender2.Textures.TextureManager.LoadTexture(Texture& handle, OpenGlTextureWrapMode wrap, Int32 currentTicks, InterpolationMode Interpolation, Int32 AnisotropicFilteringLevel)
   at OpenBve.Host.LoadTexture(Texture& Texture, OpenGlTextureWrapMode wrapMode)
   at LibRender2.Text.OpenGlString.DrawWithShader(String text, OpenGlFont font, Double left, Double top, Color128 color)
   at LibRender2.Text.OpenGlString.Draw(OpenGlFont font, String text, Vector2 location, TextAlignment alignment, Color128 color)
   at LibRender2.Text.OpenGlString.Draw(OpenGlFont font, String text, Vector2 location, TextAlignment alignment, Color128 color, Boolean shadow)
   at OpenBve.Graphics.Renderers.Overlays.RenderGameMessages(Element Element, Double TimeElapsed)
   at OpenBve.Graphics.Renderers.Overlays.Render(Double TimeElapsed)
   at OpenBve.Graphics.NewRenderer.RenderScene(Double TimeElapsed, Double RealTimeElapsed)
   at OpenBve.OpenBVEGame.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in B:\OpenTK\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 476
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in B:\OpenTK\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 452
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in B:\OpenTK\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at OpenBve.MainLoop.StartLoopEx(LaunchParameters result)
   at OpenBve.Program.Main(String[] args)   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at OpenBve.Program.Main(String[] args)
Current program memory usage: 1228.95mb
System memory free: 4662mb
F313
F313

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:45 pm

Nope, that's fine- The whole thing is useful.

It's definitely a 32-bit issue- It normally starts to become unstable at ~1.2gb, and the precise number that it fails at depends on the system.
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

This basically means that it's failing to allocate more memory as it's hit the 32-bit limit, and as a result everything is falling over.

First immediate thing to try is enabling Unload Unused Textures from the second page of options.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by F313 Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:08 am

leezer3 wrote:First immediate thing to try is enabling Unload Unused Textures from the second page of options.
Hiya @leezer3, I've just tried that, as per your advice - it didn't work, unfortunately. Have you got anything else in mind that I could try? Thanks so much for your help!
F313
F313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down