BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenBVE Crashes at startup

2 posters

Go down

OpenBVE Crashes at startup Empty OpenBVE Crashes at startup

Post by Maverick401 Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:10 am

Hi, I recently installed OpenBVE and whenever I try to launch the game, it will crash. Here is the crash log

1/24/2023 10:28:10 PM
OpenBVE 1.8.4.4 Crash Log
Program is running on the Windows backend
Current screen resolution is: Windowed 960px X 600px 
Current routefile is: D:\OpenBVE Content\Railway\Route\SMEE\NYCT- FanTrip [Astoria To Brighton].csv
Current train is: D:\OpenBVE Content\Trains\2022 Kawasaki R160B Siemens
The current routefile caused the following exception: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OpenBveApi.Objects.AnimatedObject.Reverse()
   at OpenBveApi.Objects.AnimatedObjectCollection.Reverse()
   at Train.OpenBve.ExtensionsCfgParser.ParseExtensionsConfig(String TrainPath, Encoding Encoding, UnifiedObject[]& CarObjects, UnifiedObject[]& BogieObjects, UnifiedObject[]& CouplerObjects, Boolean[]& VisibleFromInterior, TrainBase Train)
   at Train.OpenBve.Plugin.LoadTrain(Encoding Encoding, String trainPath, AbstractTrain& train, Control[]& currentControls)
   at OpenBve.Loading.LoadEverythingThreaded()
   at OpenBve.Loading.LoadThreaded()   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at OpenBve.Loading.LoadThreaded()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Current program memory usage: 259.18mb
System memory free: 6339mb

I really hope there is a solution.

Maverick401

Back to top Go down

OpenBVE Crashes at startup Empty Re: OpenBVE Crashes at startup

Post by leezer3 Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:36 pm

Have you got a link to the exact train version you're using?

It appearently doesn't like something in there when it tries to reverse a car. Shouldn't have been anything changed there recently, but I need to see the thing to see what's going on....

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down