BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails?

2 posters

Go down

Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails? Empty Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails?

Post by edgreenberg Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 pm

I have OpenBVE 1.5.1.0 on Windows 7, and some of my route/train combinations fail to open.

Does OpenBVE write a log file that can help me diagnose what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Ed G

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails? Empty Re: Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails?

Post by leezer3 Tue May 02, 2017 11:18 am

Absolutely Smile

Bottom left of the main screen is a small link: 'Report Problem'

Clicking on this will allow you to access the most recent program log & any crash logs that have been generated.
Post one of these here, and I'll take a look for you.

Route/ train combinations that fail to load would also be helpful; I've got a *lot* of stuff here, but by no means everything ever produced.
Sometimes, fixing one bug makes something else fail elsewhere that you'd never thought of.....

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails? Empty Re: Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails?

Post by edgreenberg Tue May 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Thanks, I'll check this out tonight at home. LInux here at work. No OpenBVE here. Besides, I'd never get any work done Smile

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by edgreenberg Thu May 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Leezer3, I have a zip file of three log files and three matching crash log files representing three subway trains that crash on loading, no matter the route.

They all report "Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Whta's the best way to get these to you?

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri May 05, 2017 11:22 am

You should be able to upload these here, by hitting the 'Post Reply' option, and then using the attach files bit below Smile
(The quick reply box doesn't allow you to attach files)

Small thought-
If these are very early (BVE1 era) trains, then 1.5.0 does have a bug causing these to crash.
This build (Most current nightly) has a fix for that in there amongst a lot of other stuff:
https://vps.bvecornwall.co.uk/OpenBVE/Builds/OpenBVE-2017-05-02.zip

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails? Empty crash dumps

Post by edgreenberg Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Leezer, I'm not sure how to tell how old these are.  They are pretty common subway trains and they are defaults on some of the routes that I've downloaded.   My understanding is that the R-1 is in service at the NY Transit Museum, but they could have modified it.  They did modify some routes, to upgrade the signals.

Anyway, I will try out the new build this weekend, and let you know. If you wan to sit on the crash dumps until then, you may save some work.

Note that these crash dumps were made in Linux under Mono, but they are all reproducible on windows.

Zip file attached.
Attachments
Does OpenBVE write a log when a route fails? Attachment
failures.zip crash dumpsYou don't have permission to download attachments.(6 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Looking into your logs, that's the same bug in question Sad
(TLDR: BVE1 defined a set of 'default' sounds, which get loaded if no sound.cfg file is found; This got broken accidentally in 1.5.1.0, but I've only got 1 train out of about 150 with this issue)

My apologies, will push have pushed 1.5.1.1 Smile
A few other small fixes in this build, but none relevant to this situation.

Last edited by leezer3 on Fri May 05, 2017 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by edgreenberg Fri May 05, 2017 1:57 pm

I'll try https://vps.bvecornwall.co.uk/OpenBVE/Builds/OpenBVE-2017-05-02.zip  this weekend and let you know.

I have at least four trains that crash.

I've got another different issue, where a route ends with a failure dialog box. I'll test that on the new revision as well and report it with crash logs.  It could be the fault of the route, but hopefully the log will tell us.

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri May 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Cross-posting now Smile

The route failure dialog box is definitely a different bug, and one I don't recognize off the top of my head.
If I can have a crash log for that one, or a route link I'll look into it.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by edgreenberg Fri May 05, 2017 2:49 pm

One question. When you "push" 1.5.1.1, on what server is it distributed?

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by edgreenberg Mon May 08, 2017 1:25 pm

disregard above. I found it.

edgreenberg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down