BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Route Viewer for Openbve

+4
LabRatAndy
mobile1
Dexter
brignolino
8 posters

Go down

Route Viewer for Openbve Empty Route Viewer for Openbve

Post by brignolino Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Ciao a Tutti!!!
I have a small problem with the "Route Viewer" (V. 1.4.0.0): every 5 or 6 updates with the f5 key, the program crashes. Does anyone has the same problem and knows possibile solutions?
Thank you very much for interest
brignolino
brignolino

Back to top Go down

Route Viewer for Openbve Empty Re: Route Viewer for Openbve

Post by Dexter Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:06 am

I had the same issue - I have a feeling there was a discussion about this utility "not cleaning up the mess" after reloading an object. I am not sure if this has been solved since then; and if so, probably the solution is not 100% perfect...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Route Viewer for Openbve Empty problem with route viewer

Post by mobile1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi, i did comment on this a while back, i dont think the problem has been resolved, try loading "memchecker", watch what happens when you run route viewer, the program does not seem to dump the memory used when pressing F5, as soon as its used your graphics memory it crashes, I tend nowadays to restart route viewer after 4 or 5 refreshes...regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by LabRatAndy Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm

I think some people have found that they had older versions of .net and updating increased performance. However the it still wont address the reasons that this can happen, as it is due to the way the route viewer allocates memory when loading routes and the way .net's garbage collection system works. It is possible to edit the programme to call the garbage collector during reloads, but this is a crude hack really.

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dysonsphere Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:14 pm

Intresting I can`t get Ver V. 1.4.0.0 to work at all get a missing DLL in the microsoft error page but it wont tell me the missing DLL now using the older version any ideas

Dysonsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by james143611 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 am

I'm having problems with v1.2 of the ObenBVE RouteViewer. If I load even just a basic route, it lags to hell, and then when I quit even after just a few seconds of use, my whole PC lags, everything I try to use takes an age meaning I have to restart the PC

james143611

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:49 am

Dysonsphere wrote:Intresting I can`t get Ver V. 1.4.0.0 to work at all get a missing DLL in the microsoft error page but it wont tell me the missing DLL now using the older version any ideas

Just to be a checker, Make sure that your Routeviewer is not separate from your Openbve folder. Everything must be placed into that directory for it to work. If that isn't the case, try reinstalling the dependencies.

Hope this helps :-)
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:15 pm

1. Put RouteViewer to the same folder as your oenBVE
2. It is better to have the same version of openBVE and Routeviewer - it is known openBVE 1.2 + RouteViewer 1.4 does not do any good.
3. Get the newest .NET framework
4. Watch out for your RAM. Users with less than 3GB will have to restart the RouteViewer once every couple of refreshes with F5, otherwise it will lag and eventually stop working.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Dysonsphere Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:55 pm

2. It is better to have the same version of openBVE and Routeviewer - it is known openBVE 1.2 + RouteViewer 1.4 does not do any good

Ah thx Dexter that is probably the reason.

Dysonsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Ducatista Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:51 am

Hi,

It is almost certain a memory issue. Yesterday I got a warning about windows resizing the pagefile because of a low ammount of memory available. It happens I've got 4Gb RAM and a huge virtual RAM pagefie. I was making experiments on my test route and as a consequence, RouteViewer's F5 was used all the time. It seems closing and reopenning the program solves this, at least until a fixed version of RouteViewer is available.

Ducatista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down