BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Routes won't load

4 posters

Go down

Routes won't load Empty Routes won't load

Post by yankeetrainfan Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:46 pm

I have been trying time and time again today to load up NYCTA routes, none of them load. They loaded perfectly yesterday and the days before but is just black now, it says it has file errors and warnings but they weren't touched overnight. I uninstalled and reinstalled openBVE and the routes but it didn't work

Last edited by yankeetrainfan on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : detail)

yankeetrainfan

Back to top Go down

Routes won't load Empty Re: Routes won't load

Post by VishnuB Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Have you checked openBVE's error log in UserData/Settings/log.txt to see what the problem might be? 

If you don't find anything out of the ordinary there, some specifications about your computer, openBVE version, and a screenshot might help us figure out if something is wrong.
VishnuB
VishnuB

http://vishnubachani.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeetrainfan Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 pm

VishnuB wrote:Have you checked openBVE's error log in UserData/Settings/log.txt to see what the problem might be? 

If you don't find anything out of the ordinary there, some specifications about your computer, openBVE version, and a screenshot might help us figure out if something is wrong.
I have noticed that the objects arent loading, which is weird since I didn't change anything. Attached is the log.txt in case I missed anything.
Attachments
Routes won't load Attachment
openBVE Bug Report27_12_2016.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(65 Kb) Downloaded 8 times

yankeetrainfan

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:42 pm

It definitely can't find your objects, which is odd.
Better recognizing situations like this, and providing an appropriate error message is on the list of things I'd like to add.

Are you sure you've reinstalled correctly?
Only thing that makes me wonder is that your train is found in a folder on your desktop, whereas the routefiles are in the AppData\LegacyContent folder.

Another random punt:
Are you sure it's not just one broken routefile? I've definitely been guilty of that Razz

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeetrainfan Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:06 am

leezer3 wrote:It definitely can't find your objects, which is odd.
Better recognizing situations like this, and providing an appropriate error message is on the list of things I'd like to add.

Are you sure you've reinstalled correctly?
Only thing that makes me wonder is that your train is found in a folder on your desktop, whereas the routefiles are in the AppData\LegacyContent folder.

Another random punt:
Are you sure it's not just one broken routefile? I've definitely been guilty of that Razz
I tried another route, with the files in AppData, it still didnt work. I also once again, attached the error report
Attachments
Routes won't load Attachment
openBVE Bug Report27_12_2016.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(93 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

yankeetrainfan

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeetrainfan Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:58 pm

Can anyone please help me? It's been days and still no help!

yankeetrainfan

Back to top Go down

Post by VishnuB Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Googling some of your errors revealed a few existing threads:

Help please
Black screen for scenery
F Line help

Try the suggestions there, namely, verifying you have all the necessary dependencies, ensuring your folder structure is correct, etc. Send a screenshot of your folder structure if you are not sure if it is correct.
VishnuB
VishnuB

http://vishnubachani.com

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:54 pm

Where did you obtain the route/object/sound files?
And have you tried any other routes to see if the program works with those?
The log seems to show just about everything is missing.
Long shot - you DID extract the zipfiles using 7zip or winzip before putting them in the folders? Because it's odd that none of the required stuff can be found or read.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down