BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer.

2 posters

Go down

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. Empty Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer.

Post by mudnedee Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:35 am

No matter how many routes and what route I've put in, the file selector is just showing nothing. (I did check all the routes I downloaded, all of them are made for bve5)
But seems like everything works fine when I use bve6 (with the bve6 routes this time), all the routes I installed can be loaded successfully.
I've googled a lot, but haven't find any topics that may be particularly related to my issue. I completely have no clue what was going wrong.

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. Empty Re: Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer.

Post by Northern Line Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:22 am

Hi mudnedee, 

To assist with your issue, which folder have you put the routes into? By default it should be bvets/scenarios. Trains should also be placed in this folder. A screenshot of your issue may also help

If you cannot see the routes when you start bve 5, then try manually pathing to the scenarios folder where your routes are stored. You can do this by clicking "Open Scenario" and when the pop up box appears, find the directory where your scenarios folder is (just the folder itself) and press open. If there are route files within the folder (Which there should be) they should then appear in the scenarios list.

Once you have exited the program after use, assuming everything is successful, when you next load up bve5, it'll save the directory path so that the routes list will automatically load. 
I'm not currently at my computer to give screenshot examples but let me know if the above helps.

Regards,
Northern Line

Last edited by Northern Line on Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:25 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Proof correcting)
Northern Line
Northern Line

Gothpaladinus and mudnedee like this post

Back to top Go down

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. Empty Re: Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer.

Post by mudnedee Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:24 am

Northern Line wrote:Hi mudnedee, 

To assist with your issue, which folder have you put the routes into? By default it should be bvets/scenarios. Trains should also be placed in this folder. A screenshot of your issue may also help

If you cannot see the routes when you start bve 5, then try manually pathing to the scenarios folder where your routes are stored. You can do this by clicking "Open Scenario" and when the pop up box appears, find the directory where your scenarios folder is (just the folder itself) and press open. If there are route files within the folder (Which there should be) they should then appear in the scenarios list.

Once you have exited the program after use, assuming everything is successful, when you next load up bve5, it'll save the directory path so that the routes list will automatically load. 
I'm not currently at my computer to give screenshot examples but let me know if the above helps.

Regards,
Northern Line
Thanks for your answering.
Yes, I've put them under the scenarios folder and I did have tried to find them manually. But still does not work. It just shows nothing except a blank.

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:18 pm

Hi again, 

Is there maybe anyway you could show some screenshots of the issue, maybe show the folder in the program along with the scenarios folder and the paths?
Northern Line
Northern Line

mudnedee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudnedee Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:41 am

Northern Line wrote:Hi again, 

Is there maybe anyway you could show some screenshots of the issue, maybe show the folder in the program along with the scenarios folder and the path
Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. WEwoRvV+JLwDAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Pardon me for the late reply.
Here is a screenshot of my scenarios folder

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:48 am

Hi mudnedee, 

I noticed a route text file outside of the scenarios folder. Based on the screenshot there, both the route objects and the route.txt files must be inside the scenarios folder otherwise you will get errors such as a list of objects and routes declared within the aoi- route.txt file as Not Found.

So try to move both the aoi route file and aoi ChuoRapidLine folder into the scenarios folder, load up the sim and then path to the scenarios folder where you placed the route. 

Give that a shot and let me know  Cool

I'll try to send a screenshot highlighting when I get the chance. Also apologies for the late reply, 

Regards, 
Northern Line
Northern Line
Northern Line

mudnedee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudnedee Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:02 am

I noticed a route text file outside of the scenarios folder. Based on the screenshot there, both the route objects and the route.txt files must be inside the scenarios folder otherwise you will get errors such as a list of objects and routes declared within the aoi- route.txt file as Not Found.

So try to move both the aoi route file and aoi ChuoRapidLine folder into the scenarios folder, load up the sim and then path to the scenarios folder where you placed the route. 

I'll try to send a screenshot highlighting when I get the chance. Also apologies for the late reply, 

Regards, 
Northern Line
Thanks for your patience!

In fact that second scenarios folder is empty and I delete then after seeing your reply.
But bve still does not list anything as before. Sad

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. W96tR5MFbjklwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

And this is the screenshot of what the scenario list looks like now.

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:45 am

mudnedee wrote:

Regards, 
Northern Line

In fact that second scenarios folder is empty and I delete then after seeing your reply.

Why bve5 cannot identify any routes installed on my computer. W96tR5MFbjklwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Hi there, so is there contents in this scenario folder in the screenshot?
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by mudnedee Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:31 am

Northern Line wrote:
mudnedee wrote:

Regards, 
Northern Line

Hi there, so is there contents in this scenario folder in the screenshot?

Basically, it looks like this right now, I deleted that empty scenario folder.

I suspected this was because the route had some error itself, so then I imported another route. 
And it turns out... Both of them cannot be recognised, the menu is still completely blank.

Last edited by mudnedee on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by mudnedee Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:36 am

Sorry, I may not be able to upload my screenshot right now, because if I attempt to upload with clipboard, it will tell me that my posted messages are too long cannot be posted and if I try to upload as an attachment, it will drop it.
So I decided to upload it to a photo host website so that you can see it.
Here is the link: https://ibb.co/sj4zrxB

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:23 am

Hello there, 

It is very strange how you cannot see the loaded routes when you navigate into the scenarios folder in game. I uploaded a screenshot of a fresh install of BVE6 along with the folder of the routes in the screenshot

https://servimg.com/view/18464722/15
Northern Line
Northern Line

mudnedee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudnedee Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:42 am

Northern Line wrote:Hello there, 

It is very strange how you cannot see the loaded routes when you navigate into the scenarios folder in game. I uploaded a screenshot of a fresh install of BVE6 along with the folder of the routes in the screenshot

https://servimg.com/view/18464722/15
Bve 6 is okay in fact. Only bve 5.8 has this problem as I said.

mudnedee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down