BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to get a route working in BVE5

2 posters

Go down

Trying to get a route working in BVE5 Empty Trying to get a route working in BVE5

Post by delticcloud Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:27 am

Hi all,

I finally found a great Japanese route called 'Tobu Tojo line' on a google search.  The links for the route and train is on a youtube video of the route.  I dounloaded it and put it in scenarios, but it did not show up.  Mackoys two standard roues show up which come with BVE5 but not this one.  I also tried it with the yamanote line (not the 1960s version which did work) which didn't show either.  I even unzipped it in winrar ctrl-e then shift jis so to unzip it in japanese, but to no avail, doh.  When I first loaded up BVE5 it asked for language? So should I have clicked on Japanese, would that solve it? As I usually click on English. Your help will be most appreciated.  Also, if anybody knows of any great easy install routes that would be great.  Many thanks.

delticcloud

Back to top Go down

Trying to get a route working in BVE5 Empty Re: Trying to get a route working in BVE5

Post by Northern Line Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:39 pm

I use BVE5, usually when I download any route, I put it in the Scenario folder which I have saved in my documents, this includes both the route file itself and associated folders so that the program can find files etc when called on route load.

Then open BVE5 and navigate to the folder where you placed the files. This can be in the default folder C:/program files/Mackoy/BVE5/Scenarios

Or like how I've done similar in the 'openbve' way of things, create a folder that I can remember, name it BVETS or something that makes it recognisable then make another folder within it and call it Scenarios. 

Finally place your downloaded files within Scenarios. It is worth noting and copying the file path to your scenarios folder as BVE5 may load up with a completely different folder elsewhere with the same name (Which may be your issue).

Load up BVE5, > Load Scenarios > navigate to the scenarios folder where you placed the files, and press Open, then they should load up on the list.

Bear in mind also, if route files don't show, check the original path in the route file itself. Sometimes the characters for the folder in question show as Japanese characters but the folder itself is showing jumbled garbage so as a result, the program cannot find the files.

I'll explain more when I get home later,

Regards, 
Northern Line
Northern Line
Northern Line

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trying to get a route working in BVE5 Empty Re: Trying to get a route working in BVE5

Post by delticcloud Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Hiya, many thanks for your help,  It was the path system that was to blame.  I copied and pasted the keisei text file and renamed it the Tobu tojo as that file seemed easier to create the path, and it worked!   In the Tobu tojo text file there was too much info.  I may go back and re edit the original Tobu tojo text file.  Have you tried that, the graphics looks amazing.  On a side note, do you know of any other routes please.  Kind regards, Delticcloud.

delticcloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:10 pm

delticcloud wrote:Hiya, many thanks for your help,  It was the path system that was to blame.  I copied and pasted the keisei text file and renamed it the Tobu tojo as that file seemed easier to create the path, and it worked!   In the Tobu tojo text file there was too much info.  I may go back and re edit the original Tobu tojo text file.  Have you tried that, the graphics looks amazing.  On a side note, do you know of any other routes please.  Kind regards, Delticcloud.

Sorry for the lengthy and extended reply, usually I try looking up videos on YouTube putting in the search bar "bve 5 JR" then that should give you a bunch of routes to find
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down