BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Japanese Routes for BVE5

+4
johnsinden
Quork
Northern Line
1821SH
8 posters

Go down

Great Japanese Routes for BVE5  Empty Great Japanese Routes for BVE5

Post by 1821SH Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:02 am

Hello people. This is my first post on this forum.

I am Japanese, and I first have to apologize for my poor English skills.

...I have noticed that BVE routes wiki having closed, there is not any website where people can find Japanese routes in English, although some great ones have released recently. So I decided to introduce some of them here. I hope you enjoy.

1. Tokyu Toyoko Line and Minatomirai Line (http://trant9123.mizusasi.net/TYMM.html)

Toyoko Line is a private railway route owned by Tokyu Railway, and it connects Shibuya (one of the busiest parts of Tokyo) to Yokohama (the city that lies South of Tokyo, and the second biggest cities in the country).
Minatomirai Line is a short underground line that goes around Minatomirai 21, or newly-founded area of the Yokohama city.
Although these two lines have different names, all services are inter-run with each other, between Shibuya and Motomachi-Chukagai.

There are 3 different scenarios included in this route; Local, Express and Limited Express. You will drive all of these with a series 5050 train (included in the route file), the newest rolling stock of the line.
And please remember that you have to insert the master key by pressing key 7 before starting driving, with the reverser put at neutral and the brake set at EB position.

The signalling system on this route is ATC (Automatic Train Control). The system calculates the maximum speed you can have from the curves around you and the distance to the prior train. Your maximum speed will be indicated by small arrows around the speedometer. And if you are running faster than that, the train will automatically decelerate to the speed limit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Train_Control#ATC-4_.28CS-ATC.29

2. Tokyo Metro Tozai Line (http://tozai.s77.xrea.com/index.xhtm)

Tozai line is one of the busiest routes of Tokyo's underground system. It becomes like this in the morning... Rolling Eyes  

This line literally goes across tokyo, starting from Nishi-Funabashi (located east of the city) and terminating at Nakano (west of the city), via the central area.

You have 13 scenarios for this route, 7 of them set in 2004 and the other 6 in 2012.
The signalling system is different in these two eras. The 2012 version reflects the introduction of ATC, while the 2004 version adopts the old ATS system (the ordinal signalling system with colour light signals)

To start driving, press 8 key once on the 2012 version and twice on the 2004 version so that the master key is inserted.

Some of the scenarios feature the "Rapid" services which call at limited stops in the east section of the line.

Download vehicle data from
http://to-vt.cocona.jp/bvedata/trta05.html
http://kashiwa21.sakura.ne.jp/download/main/TokyoMetro/index.html

[The links above do not work, please download from link below, Thanks]

http://vertah.sakura.ne.jp/bvedata/trta05.html

3. JR Sobu and Narita Line (http://umikaze81.net/sobu_down.htm)

Sobu and Narita line is a JR (Japan Railway) route which serves the north Part of Chiba Prefecture. The section between Chiba and Narita is drivable in this route. You can enjoy the view of a suburban area of Tokyo, with a lot of rice field.

Currently only one scenario is available, but more to come soon.

You can download the vehicle (series 209 train) from here:
http://kazmasbve.soregashi.com/209-2100.html

...I have introduced only three routes here, but you can always check new routes and find your favourite from
http://wikiwiki.jp/bver/?BVE5%C2%D0%B1%FE%CF%A9%C0%FE%B0%EC%CD%F7%C9%BD#x0871116

This site is available only in Japanese, but thanks to Google, you can view it in English  Smile

Best regards from Japan

Last edited by Northern Line on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited link information)
1821SH
1821SH

Back to top Go down

Great Japanese Routes for BVE5  Empty Re: Great Japanese Routes for BVE5

Post by Northern Line Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am

Hello 1821SH We warmly welcome you to the forum. Another place you can add routes to is here: http://bve.shoutwiki.com/ it's the new wiki that was started by a member on this forum and I think it's good to start adding stuff to the site.

Regards and many thanks

Northern Line
Moderating Team
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Konichi-wa!

Your English is far too good to need to be that modest ;-) Welcome aboard and "arrigato" for your overview of the routes! I love most of the japanese routes I can get my hands on, but it's always a game of luck as there's usually the language barrier standing firm...
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Thank you 1821SH for announcing this. The Toyoko line works perfectly well in OpenBve and is a joy to run. I take it the Sobu and Narita Line won't. Thank you to the lady who says "The next station is.................." I wish my Japanese was anywhere near as good as your English.

Arigatou gozaimasu!

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by 1821SH Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 am

Konichi-wa again!

Thank you Northern Line for a great piece of information. I will definitely join the wiki, hoping people form all over the world can enjoy Japanese routes Smile

It is true Quork, I think it a shame that people cannot enjoy great routes because of the language barrier.
I hope I can help you enjoy Japanese routes more in any way Smile

And John, I'm glad that you liked the Toyoko Line data.
As for Sobu and Narita Line, there is also BVE2 vision which I think will work on OpenBVE. If you scroll down the download page, you will find it.
But if you haven't, I would recommend that you try BVE5 once. It does not feature the external views yet (Mackoy says it will in the near feature), but it allows you to drive with great graphics with animated objects that accelerate/decelerate. It's a really nice experience Smile
1821SH
1821SH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:56 am

Why not bring Mr. Mackoy to this forum then? He is a bit of mystery to all of us. SmileSmile
I mean - we are not going to have him fill a questionnaire, but since he is an active developer of the program, it would be nice to talk to him about things related to development...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 am

For some reason, English BVE5 on en-US Windows 7 x64 doesn't really seem to like SHIFT_JIS or UTF8 filenames though. Requires ASCII filenames for some reason, requiring me to modify the metafiles slightly...

(or it's WinRAR)

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by kwijiboenator Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

It's wonderful to have somebody from Japan on here - I've been looking around for Japanese routes for years - although the one thing I'd love to add to my BVE collection is an E5 or E6 Shinkansen.
kwijiboenator
kwijiboenator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 am

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JLegrand Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Thank you for sharing these lines with us.

I'm a big fan of the work from the author of the Sobu and Narita line, I've been following the updates since like 4-5 years.
The Tozai line scenery, especially the first kilometers outside, is really amazingly done.

One of the japanese line I'm really looking for is the Iida line remake ! (http://mus-iida.jpn.org/)

Best wishes from Switzerland.

JLegrand

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 pm

So, finally finished the Toyoko/Minatomirai line run, it's great! It doesn't meet current standards of course when it comes to graphical issues (especially texture quality) but it's a hell of a ride, keeps you busy all the time, you often don't even have the time to notice suboptimal graphics Laughing
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by 1821SH Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Sorry for not appearing for a while despite many replies. I've been a bit busy...

Dexter wrote:
Why not bring Mr. Mackoy to this forum then? He is a bit of mystery to all of us. SmileSmile
I mean - we are not going to have him fill a questionnaire, but since he is an active developer of the program, it would be nice to talk to him about things related to development...

That's right; it would be nice if we could bring him here, but unfortunately it seems not so easy, as I guess He doesn't speak English.
Actually he keeps a blog here: http://mackoy.exblog.jp/, and this is where we can see the latest developments of the software, but the thing is he writes only in Japanese...
I guess that's why he seems mysterious to non-Japanese people Neutral

Wongie2009 wrote:Dexter, please may I send him a Japanese message for his convenience? I also wrote the translated message below for anyone else.. ^^

@1821SHさんへ、BBSへお記事ありがとうございました。始めまして、イギリスからのwongie2009です。どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。二つのサイトには大きなリンク集が有りました。でも、今それが消えてしまいました。日本語が読めない人の為にご尽力が役に立ちますから、1821SHさんはこんな外国人の間で問題を下げますので、私たちはきっと十分に感謝できません。私はカレッジに勉強ながら、BVE5の為に作る全ての構成の説明書を翻訳してみる時間があまり無いんです。ですから、それを翻訳する所要時間の不足について心配です。それで、もっと投稿を楽しみようにします!実はですね、1821SHさんは英語を上手に書けますよ。すごいねー、頑張れ!
✧ヽ(^ー^)ノ✧

To 1821SH, thank you very much for your original post to the forum. I'm wongie2009 from the United Kingdom, it's a pleasure to meet you. There were indeed two websites (BVE Routes Wiki and BVE.CZ) containing a large database of links, to which they had disappeared offline. Your assistance for those who cannot read Japanese will be helpful and therefore would reduce such problems that arise amongst foreigners, surely we cannot thank you enough for so. I'm unable to dedicate as much time as I wish in order to translate BVE5's entire developing documentation, whilst committing towards college study. So I'm worried that the time I need to translate may not be enough. So your further contribution would be greatly appreciated. In fact, I think your English is amazing! You can do it!
cheers

wongie2009さん、こんにちは!日本語でのメッセージありがとうございます。
日本語すごくお上手ですね。漢字までしっかり使い分けているのがすごいです!

Well if you remember, actually I'm the one that informed you of the release of BVE5 on Twitter several years ago Smile
I'm greatly impressed to hear that you are working on translating information about the software. I would say BVE is a great software indeed, but language is one of its biggest problems and it often keeps non-Japanese people from playing it...
So I've always wanted to do something to lessen the barrier and I hope I can help you somehow if you are in need of some assitance Smile

Quork wrote:So, finally finished the Toyoko/Minatomirai line run, it's great! It doesn't meet current standards of course when it comes to graphical issues (especially texture quality) but it's a hell of a ride, keeps you busy all the time, you often don't even have the time to notice suboptimal graphics Laughing

I'm glad you liked the route. Actually the Toyoko line is my local line (I live in Musashi-Kosugi/武蔵小杉 on the Toyoko Line) Smile
The graphics on the data are a bit rough, but I think it features the character of commuter trains in Tokyo (going really close to houses, tracks being winding, etc...) really well. And you need to have good braking skills in order to stick to the timetable!
1821SH
1821SH

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm

1821SH wrote:I'm glad you liked the route. Actually the Toyoko line is my local line (I live in Musashi-Kosugi/武蔵小杉 on the Toyoko Line) Smile
The graphics on the data are a bit rough, but I think it features the character of commuter trains in Tokyo (going really close to houses, tracks being winding, etc...) really well. And you need to have good braking skills in order to stick to the timetable!
Hmm, now that I think of it, I do indeed almost stick to the timetable (usually only 0-10 seconds late or so), but my braking is slightly uncomfortable... (compressor runs every 3 stations)

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down