BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards

2 posters

Go down

New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards Empty New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards

Post by Laifu Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:49 pm

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I have used previous iterations of OpenBVE for years now, but the previous OpenBVE runs poorly on AMD Radeon cards, especially in exterior view mode. It runs fine on Nvidia and even Intel integrated graphics. 

With the latest development on OpenBVE, would it run fine on the latest AMD Radeon cards like the RX 5700 XT or the upcoming 6800XT? I'm planning to get a new rig and intended to get the 6800XT.

Laifu

Back to top Go down

New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards Empty Re: New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards

Post by leezer3 Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Interesting question.

The new renderer is shader based (as opposed to the legacy, which is GL1.2)
In theory at least, anything remotely sensible from the last 10 years should have no problem whatsoever.

Exterior views should be dramatically faster with the new renderer no matter what you've got, at present it's only highly repetitive transparencies (100s of identical trees in a forest) which may in certain cases be slower.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Laifu likes this post

Back to top Go down

New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards Empty Re: New OpenBVE with latest AMD Radeon cards

Post by Laifu Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 am

leezer3 wrote:Interesting question.

The new renderer is shader based (as opposed to the legacy, which is GL1.2)
In theory at least, anything remotely sensible from the last 10 years should have no problem whatsoever.

Exterior views should be dramatically faster with the new renderer no matter what you've got, at present it's only highly repetitive transparencies (100s of identical trees in a forest) which may in certain cases be slower.

Thanks for the info. I tested the latest version of OpenBVE on an AMD computer with the Uchibo line and a JR Kyushu rolling stock (817 i think?). It ran pretty smooth at around 60fps. I'm using a R3 4350G with integrated Vega 6 graphics. I guess the current version pretty much got rid of the problems that was the bane of Radeon cards.

Laifu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down