BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE?

3 posters

Go down

Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE? Empty Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE?

Post by Tube Check Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Camera angles, is there a method where the camera can maintain the same zoom that a user sets it, without the camera going back to default zoom when a user goes back to the camera angle after being in a different angle.

For example, I'm on exterior camera, default zoom is 1.0x, I zoom out to 0.5x, then go to interior camera (obviously to see where the train is going) but then I go back to exterior, it goes back to the default zoom 1.0x, which is annoying for video purposes because you'll have to keep setting the camera to the optical zoom you desire.

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE? Empty Re: Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE?

Post by thehoviskid Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:10 pm

Tube Check wrote:Camera angles, is there a method where the camera can maintain the same zoom that a user sets it, without the camera going back to default zoom when a user goes back to the camera angle after being in a different angle.

For example, I'm on exterior camera, default zoom is 1.0x, I zoom out to 0.5x, then go to interior camera (obviously to see where the train is going) but then I go back to exterior, it goes back to the default zoom 1.0x, which is annoying for video purposes because you'll have to keep setting the camera to the optical zoom you desire.
The same applies to Restricted/Unrestricted on the standard cab view (perhaps lock/unlock would be a better behaviour?).
thehoviskid
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE? Empty Re: Camera angles in OpenBVE, possible future optimise options for OpenBVE?

Post by Tube Check Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:20 pm

thehoviskid wrote:
Tube Check wrote:Camera angles, is there a method where the camera can maintain the same zoom that a user sets it, without the camera going back to default zoom when a user goes back to the camera angle after being in a different angle.

The same applies to Restricted/Unrestricted on the standard cab view (perhaps lock/unlock would be a better behaviour?).
I've tried to use that but it only works in cab view, I want to see if there a settings that locks your camera settings, or at least preserve your settings. Also in the numpad, if you press 5, it positions you in the middle, I was wondering if a user can alter that position and make their own sort of angle positioning?

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:18 am

I did wonder if it would also be able to incorporate what I call, favourite camera angles. In MSTS you could select 1 to 4 of different fixed positions in the cab, as well as move around manually. Such a feature could be useful for a tube cab since various switches and screens are not always on one side. In reality for example I should be able to glance 90 degrees right at the TMS screen and not slowly turn myself around. Having a fixed camera angle would be great.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tube Check Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Is it possible to change the speed of the camera movement, for example if you want to go slow, you'll either have to move your mouse really slowly or tap a key. However I'm talking about moving forward/backward, is there something we can do to change the speed of the camera?

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down