BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Motion Blur affect performance on OpenBVE?

2 posters

Go down

Does Motion Blur affect performance on OpenBVE? Empty Does Motion Blur affect performance on OpenBVE?

Post by Tube Check Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:45 pm

I've decided to make an experiment on OpenBVE now that I have a "gaming pc" that can handle visual affects as well as running games in high settings.
In the video it contains four tests on the same route from two different camera angles, to see if they'll be any magnificent changes.

Now I'm curious to see how motion blur performs on low-end PC, when it kicks in, and if the visual blur will be reduce?

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Does Motion Blur affect performance on OpenBVE? Empty Re: Does Motion Blur affect performance on OpenBVE?

Post by leezer3 Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 pm

It'll have a marginal effect on performance decreasing FPS slightly if active, but it's a post-processing effect, nothing more.

Any other differences are either due to camera angle changes (differing amounts of polgons visible), the multiple load effect (the first load will always be marginally lower FPS due to Windows internals) and sheer random system effects/

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down