BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

openbve.org is down.

+3
graymac
Quork
joeyfjj
7 posters

Go down

openbve.org is down. Empty openbve.org is down.

Post by joeyfjj Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Anyone has any comments about this? :X

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

openbve.org is down. Empty Re: openbve.org is down.

Post by Quork Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 pm

We had a chance to take development in our own hands, there was a team forming up, but a big part of the significant devs opposed this more or less openly, rather trusting in Odakyufan (or stating OpenBVE wouldn't need further development at all). I personally think this (in my eyes very much forseeable) turn of events has proven the other side's point definitely. Let's hope the people, who had offered their programming skills and got driven off will be willing to team up again. I'd fully understand though if they'd decide they'd rather not risk again.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Before ranting about the state of the program see here for a more prosaic explanation of the missing site:
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=129278
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fas Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 pm

openbve.org has moved here: https://sites.google.com/site/openbvesim/

fas

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 pm

That appears to be a(nother) US based user forum and doesn't look like it has much to do with the original creators of the program.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:00 pm

The link you posted, Graymac, is about bve.cz

However I found that while the domain openbve.org is down, the page itself still is online on odakyufan's homepage. Doesn't change a thing to my statement above though.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Quork wrote:The link you posted, Graymac, is about bve.cz

However I found that while the domain openbve.org is down, the page itself still is online on odakyufan's homepage. Doesn't change a thing to my statement above though.

From what I know openbve.org has nothing to do with odakufan at all.

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:31 pm

Wasn't that domain redirecting to his homepage?^^ What was it for then?

In this case, my post would be not related to this thread, so do ignore it.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris [CT1660] Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 am

The domain host was acting up so the site was down for a pretty good while. Finally managed to get it back up thanks to Imanuel. I have always placed a direct link to odakyufan's site (the official openBVE download page) to make it easier for people to find his site (i doubt anyone can memorize the url to the official site that easily anyway Razz)

The real purpose of my page is to act as a mirror should something go wrong with the official page.

Chris [CT1660]

Back to top Go down

Post by Imanuel Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:42 am

graymac wrote:That appears to be a(nother) US based user forum and doesn't look like it has much to do with the original creators of the program.

Since some their are few sites in the US that are going down rapidly, a team along with myself opened a domain and started openBVE.org. This isn't to take over or claim something this isnt ours but to start a movement and get recognized around the world. I am the creator of the site along with the rest of the team that supports me as well whether with donations or developed content. I will ignore your shrewd comment since your brain is the size of a mustard seed and all you can do is offer bad criticism instead of coming up with an idea to help the failing BVE world in the US. So you keep bad talking us and hopefully when we do acheieve our goal and involve everyone around the world to be recognized here in the US, I will make sure I quote your remark very well publicly.

For others, please visit the site offer your concerns, praises, and improvements we should make. This doesnt replace odakyufan, his site is still official and we spoke briefly and I respect that person as a developer. Odakyufan focuses on the main program, we focus on content and helping with improvements. So it's a team effort I am trying to uphold.

Last edited by Dexter on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Offensive remark removed. Please do not post that publicly.)

Imanuel

http://openbve.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ARomedtbf Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:53 am

Imanuel wrote:
graymac wrote:That appears to be a(nother) US based user forum and doesn't look like it has much to do with the original creators of the program. (And the design is totally hideous too!)

Since some their are few sites in the US that are going down rapidly, a team along with myself opened a domain and started openBVE. This isn't to take over or claim something this isnt ours but to start a movement and get recognized around the world. I am the creator of the site along with the rest of the team that supports me as well whether with donations or developed content. I will ignore your shrewd comment since your brain is the size of a mustard seed and all you can do is offer bad criticism instead of coming up with an idea to help the failing BVE world in the US. So you keep bad talking us and hopefully when we do acheieve our goal and involve everyone around the world to be recognized here in the US, I will make sure I quote your remark very well publicly.

For others, please visit the site offer your concerns, praises, and improvements we should make. This doesnt replace odakyufan, his site is still official and we spoke briefly and I respect that person as a developer. Odakyufan focuses on the main program, we focus on content and helping with improvements. So it's a team effort I am trying to uphold.
Amen to this. Instead of being a troll, please be grateful that we are providing updates on the openBVE program than letting it die under the sun. Trust me we are working on updating the program to be the best program ever. We respect odakyufan with great respect as a developer. Imanuel said what I was going to say, but long story short, be grateful that there's a group of developers who are willing to help openBVE improve other than letting it rot like a raisin in the sun.

ARomedtbf

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am

Before you impertinently brand me a troll you might consider weighing your contribution with what I have done. Until such time as you are able to produce some material gain for the program you would do better to be respectful to those who have produced a significant body of work for the sim. Until such time you need to pay your dues and you won't do that, or improve your credentials, by bad-mouthing established developers.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down