BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review

5 posters

Go down

WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review Empty WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review

Post by Quork Tue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Learning the OpenBVE things still needs some time for me, so I decided a texturing guide would be something I can commit right now, to make a sign too like others already did and not only words about continuation and thus here comes part one of "textures from crap". Please comment, add suggestions etc.
I'd be very happy to donate this into the "College of Knowledge", too, if there is interest.
Attachments
WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review Attachment
Textures out of crap.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(426 Kb) Downloaded 72 times
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review Empty Re: WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review

Post by Dexter Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 am

This is a good thing to have, there's little written about texturing. Maybe you could have picked up a slightly diferent name though. Very Happy
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review Empty Re: WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review

Post by Quork Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 am

Well, this isn't intended as a general or basic textures tut; I wanted to focus on the topic of making something out ouf nothing, hence the title Wink

But I could take the rather neutral title from within the file.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 am

"Textures from Crap", "Object Building for Eejits" . . . . .

We may have a bit of a common touch about it Derryck, but if it helps get folks involved then never mind if it makes the Cardinal frown!!
Useful tips there, Quork. Don't forget to find time to build a route Very Happy

**And if you saw some of the stuff I go through to get textures, it would make you cringe. Very Happy
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Tue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Well, as the PZB guide is undergoing peer review (yepp, scientific standards round here Laughing well, rather linguistic;)) I finished the day texture for my first remade gothic brick and thus also the second part of that "textures from crap" guide, although in retrospective it became exactly what I wrote in the beginning; a source of inspiration, some basic ideas, and the explanation that "making a texture out of a photo" means so much more than straightening, deperspectiving, equalizing a photo excerpt. So I think it's of most use for absolute beginners, who still struggle with the idea that textures are created out of many sources.
Attachments
WIP: Guide "Textures from crap" - please review Attachment
Textures out of crap pt2 (compr).pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(503 Kb) Downloaded 25 times
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Was the first part so bad nobody even bothers to download the second part and say anything about both parts?
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Scanned through, looks lengthy and complex, but I think if one is willing to read through sentence by sentence, they might be able to follow.

Might be nice if you provided the textures you used as a separate download so people reading it will be able to follow along.

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dysonsphere Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Just found this What second part

Dysonsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm

See the post from May 22nd, 2011
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dysonsphere Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Quork wrote:See the post from May 22nd, 2011

Damm sorry completly missed that must need new glasses. Thx for reply

Dysonsphere

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:15 am

Is "" on this board? He has uploaded the first part of my guide on scribd, falsly claiming authorship on that portal (while not having edited my name from the PDF itself) and falsly claiming it to be released under a CC license. I just filed a DCMA request with scribd, let's see how this will continue...

EDIT
The DCMA request was executed, which is why I took the name out - though I remember it, in case I stumble on it again...
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down