BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine sound in correct car/wagon

3 posters

Go down

Engine sound in correct car/wagon Empty Engine sound in correct car/wagon

Post by Gabriel Souza Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:52 am

Hello everybody!

I would like to know if there is a possibility of putting the engine sound in the cars/wagons we want, as the sound often comes out in trailer cars.

In Brazil, in the state of São Paulo, 10 years ago the French train called the CPTM series 5000, operated with 12 cars, having the following formation:

MC-R1-R2-R2-R1-MC-MC-R1-R2-R2-R1-MC.

MC - Engine Cab
R1/R2 - Trailer

I wanted the sounds to only come out on motor cars (MC), cars 0,5,6 and 11, considering the extension.cfg.

Is it possible to do that?

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Engine sound in correct car/wagon Empty Re: Engine sound in correct car/wagon

Post by Delsin Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:30 pm

Use XML converter and then set correct properties for each car.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Souza Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:05 am

Delsin wrote:Use XML converter and then set correct properties for each car.
I did as you said, I converted it to XML and defined the motor cars, but I realized that the train converted to XML, the departure and closing time of doors to be able to depart with the train on our route that we are developing is not appearing in the simulation. Another thing is that the signage has its first red light and does not open (turns green) at all. I tested it with other trains and it's ok, the problem is in the XML.

What could it be?

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Souza Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:22 am

Gabriel Souza wrote:
Delsin wrote:Use XML converter and then set correct properties for each car.
I did as you said, I converted it to XML and defined the motor cars, but I realized that the train converted to XML, the departure and closing time of doors to be able to depart with the train on our route that we are developing is not appearing in the simulation. Another thing is that the signage has its first red light and does not open (turns green) at all. I tested it with other trains and it's ok, the problem is in the XML.

What could it be?
You can disregard it, I already managed to find the error, but it was a lot of work.

When we define the length in the .extension file of the first car, it has to be the same as that defined in train.dat, otherwise this “failure” happens.

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:57 pm

I can't reproduce that, which suggests something interesting is happening Sad

Any chance of a stripped down sample?
All I want is the train.dat and the XML files.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Souza Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:11 am

leezer3 wrote:I can't reproduce that, which suggests something interesting is happening Sad

Any chance of a stripped down sample?
All I want is the train.dat and the XML files.
I'll try to explain.

In Train.dat it defined the car length value as 22.5m, but in the .extension file, the first car had "Length = 6.2". When I converted it to XML, this value of 6.2 remained, which was when the error was generated in the route. It was only possible to solve it when I changed the Train.dat from 22.5 to 6.2m, leaving the real standards, but functional.

Engine sound in correct car/wagon Print110

Engine sound in correct car/wagon Print210

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:48 pm

Unfortunately, this is why I'm looking for the whole thing when it doesn't work for you.

Screenshots just don't allow me to look at what's happening. I've tested with what I can see in your screenshots, and this works for me.

I *suspect* what you were actually getting was a typo somewhere in the XML producing an incorrect result (we attempt to fall back to properties from the train.dat in this case), but that's only a guess.

As a secondary note, if you're using XML, you should definitely consider using the bogie function.
Creating bogies using cars causes some messes in the physics. I don't think this is likely to have affected things in this case, but meh.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Souza Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:47 am

leezer3 wrote:Unfortunately, this is why I'm looking for the whole thing when it doesn't work for you.

Screenshots just don't allow me to look at what's happening. I've tested with what I can see in your screenshots, and this works for me.

I *suspect* what you were actually getting was a typo somewhere in the XML producing an incorrect result (we attempt to fall back to properties from the train.dat in this case), but that's only a guess.

As a secondary note, if you're using XML, you should definitely consider using the bogie function.
Creating bogies using cars causes some messes in the physics. I don't think this is likely to have affected things in this case, but meh.
In fact, I'm trying to use the "bogie" command, but it doesn't stay in the position I want.
The size of the MC car is 19.80m. Could you help me, please?
Engine sound in correct car/wagon 110
Engine sound in correct car/wagon 210
Engine sound in correct car/wagon 310

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:25 am

Screenshots still aren't too helpful Smile

Let me try and explain the bogie positioning logic.

Your car is 19.803m long.
The center point of your *car* object ( 0,0,0 ) is therefore located at 9.9015m
Axles provide the two pivot points that the car is located on-track.
These are at 8.1 and -8.1. Our car object therefore rotates around these. We can ignore the car center point, as this is only relevant when placing the car initally.
Each of these axle pivot points is where the center ( 0,0,0 ) of our *bogie* object is initially placed.
The two axles of the bogie again provide the pivot points for it.

Basically, all you should need to remeber is to set the axles properly and to perfectly center both the car and bogie objects.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriel Souza Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:21 am

leezer3 wrote:Screenshots still aren't too helpful Smile

Let me try and explain the bogie positioning logic.

Your car is 19.803m long.
The center point of your *car* object ( 0,0,0 ) is therefore located at 9.9015m
Axles provide the two pivot points that the car is located on-track.
These are at 8.1 and -8.1. Our car object therefore rotates around these. We can ignore the car center point, as this is only relevant when placing the car initally.
Each of these axle pivot points is where the center ( 0,0,0 ) of our *bogie* object is initially placed.
The two axles of the bogie again provide the pivot points for it.

Basically, all you should need to remeber is to set the axles properly and to perfectly center both the car and bogie objects.

I managed to adjust it correctly, thank you very much for your help and explanation, but I'll make an observation, when the train is converted to XML, here for me it doesn't keep the acceleration rate settings.

Gabriel Souza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down