BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BVE5 motor sound tables not working

3 posters

Go down

BVE5 motor sound tables not working Empty BVE5 motor sound tables not working

Post by Delsin Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:19 pm

Not hoping for much since it's a kinda undocumented feature, but still Very Happy 

Applying BVE5 motor sounds to a .xml train results in either absolutely erratic sound or no motor sound at all. Heard it worked for some people but everything I've tried failed.

I used this guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MEqoVrnQg4B-GvJDadk24Qku1440RDcr0XY0vE8KaPA/edit, tried both csv and txt freq/vol files but nothing worked.

Can provide a sample if needed
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

BVE5 motor sound tables not working Empty Re: BVE5 motor sound tables not working

Post by Rakago Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:39 pm

I too have this problem, but no sounds play at all. And also, the game crashes when there isn't any motor sound at the speed you're traveling.

For example if the motor sound ends at 100.0kph, the game will crash when you reach 100.1kph.
Rakago
Rakago

https://openbveiberia.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

BVE5 motor sound tables not working Empty Re: BVE5 motor sound tables not working

Post by leezer3 Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:22 pm

Yeah, this is a somewhat unfinished / untested feature....

There are two (incomplete) versions of a BVE5 route parser, one by S520, who unfortunately no longer seems to be around, and one from me.
Neither works particularly well with anything more complex than Keisei, essentially as we're still missing a bunch of features.

I've made a couple of fixes to the BVE5 motor sounds for today's build, but they were to fix the crash and that we weren't handling missing frequency / volume files nicely.
If it's silent, my first wondering would be whether it's using more than 4 motor sounds or something similar?

Samples please Smile
I make no guarantees as to fixing anything in a timely manner, but I'll see what I can do....

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Gothpaladinus, SP1900 and Rakago like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:43 pm

Yes, it's with a full-scale BVE5 motor sound table with lots of sounds and more than 4 played simultaneously at some speeds...

It's been a while and I think I no longer have the train I tested that on, but you can take sound data from any BVE5 train to test that. I know it's a long way to go to parse BVE5 routes, but being able to use its train features will be extremely useful
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down