BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic air brake with no partial release?

3 posters

Go down

Automatic air brake with no partial release?  Empty Automatic air brake with no partial release?

Post by Achenar Mon May 04, 2020 10:40 am

A couple of provisos to this question: I'm new to OpenBVE train configuration, and there may be peripheral issues around different terminology as well.

Noting OpenBVE's supported "BrakeType" options below (from the documentation) - I was wondering whether it supports a brake-pipe driven Automatic Air Brake *without* partial release capability?

I've tested both type 0 and type 2 (the two brake-pipe driven air brake options), and it appears both of them allow partial release

BrakeType
0: Electromagnetic straight air brake
1: Digital/analog electro-pneumatic air brake without brake pipe (electric command brake)
2: Air brake with partial release feature
This entry defines which brake type to use. If set to 2, the automatic air brake is used which uses a brake pipe across the whole train to supply each car with compressed air and to regulate the brake application. The brake pipe pressure needs time to propagate through the train, and thus, brake applications and releases are not synchronized between the cars. The train will always have separated power and brake handles, and thus, the HandleType entry inside the Handle section will be ignored.

If set to 0, the electromagnetic straight air brake is used which is an enhancement to the automatic air brake. Contrary to the automatic air brake, the brake command is synchronized on all cars electrically, while the brake pipe is still used to distribute compressed air.

If set to 1, the electric command brake is used which does not use the classical brake pipe altogether. Each car is an individual unit having its own brake equipment, while the brake command is synchronized electronically.

Achenar

Back to top Go down

Automatic air brake with no partial release?  Empty Re: Automatic air brake with no partial release?

Post by jorgecerezo Mon May 04, 2020 9:01 pm

If you always make a complete release of the type 2 brakes, you can very well simulate the non self lap automatic air brake behaviour.
However, the AI train will always use the partial release.

jorgecerezo

Back to top Go down

Automatic air brake with no partial release?  Empty Re: Automatic air brake with no partial release?

Post by Quork Tue May 05, 2020 1:43 am

With single-release brakes being quite historic I believe they haven't ever been thought of in (Open)BVE context
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down