BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for info about Train Plugins

4 posters

Go down

Looking for info about Train Plugins Empty Looking for info about Train Plugins

Post by CaptED Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello to All Readers...

I am using OpenBVE  1.7.0.2 Debian Linux version..
I normally leave the "Verbosity"
'Show warning messages' & 'Show error messages' both unchecked..

So I was driving CTS 22000_IE (Gray's classic model)
and I noticed that there was no wiper blade.. & the Cab Signal did not work ...

So I went looking and here is my find (admittedly I copy and pasted as there is a lot more)

12:34:16 Plugin Texture.BmpGifJpegPngTiff.dll raised the following exception at LoadTexture:A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }  
12:34:16 No plugin found that is capable of loading texture /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/d3d/Wiper.PNG

12:34:17 Loading train plugin: /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/22000 5car/BVEC_ATS.dll
12:34:17 The train plugin BVEC_ATS.dll failed to load for the following reason: No supported configuration files exist.

I went looking at the rest of the Trains that I had Installed...

Chashinal trains
2000 Series & 5000 Series
OdakyufanAts.dll

CTS trains
22000_IE & 29000.01_IE
BVEC_ATS.dll

DMU Trains
CL150 & CL168
UKSpt.dll

EMU Trains
CL323 & CL390
UKMut.dll

Freight Trains
CL47 & CL57
WKDt.dll

Now I will be the first to admit that I have never looked into it..

So my question is:
Is there one Plugin that covers them all..?? If so how about details on how the change it..

Thanks in Advance..
Ed Crawford
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Looking for info about Train Plugins Empty Re: Looking for info about Train Plugins

Post by graymac Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:27 pm

All the trains I've had anything to do with making use the BVEC plug-in.
I'm not sure what Ed means by the "cab signal" but if its the CAWS ADU (aspect display unit) it worked last time I used it - admittedly ages ago (I seldom play with the stuff after I've made it, it's the creating gives me the fun).

I've just run from Heuston as far as Cherry Orchard in a 22000 unit, and its all working. I'm still using prog version 1.5.1037.909-travis , which I consider a stable version, no doubt I'm well behing the trend setters Smile
I may be mistaken but I've tended to believe the BVEC-ATS plug-in is pretty much universally a safe bet. Works for me.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for info about Train Plugins Empty Re: Looking for info about Train Plugins

Post by CaptED Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi Graymac,
Thanks for the fast reply... “Cab Signals” is a US term. But yes CAWS ADU should have been Green when the next signal is green. and of course when going to yellow and you press space bar to acknowledge signal change.
The last version I had that it all worked was OpenBVE 1.4.5

I had ask Chris (Leezer3) to fix full axis throttle, which he did that is my reason for using 1.7.0.2..

Thanks for all you modeling both Scenery and Trains.

Ed Crawford
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:23 am

Small technical intermezzo: "cab signalling" is actually a general term, not only US. It's used for all systems where the signal information is shown in the cab like ETCS, LZB, TVM and such. Cab signalling generally replaces wayside signals, i.e. even if there are some at the track, you ignore them and drive by cab signalling information. CAWS is generally called a cab signalling system, even though it's, from what I can understand, somewhat a fringe case between train protection and cab signalling.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:14 am

That would appear to be (technically at least!) my fault, although it's not the sim this time....
Old crummy code Sad

Looking at the BVEC_ATS plugin that Graymac is using, it's using a case sensitive match to find the configuration file, not case insensitive.
This only matters on Linux......

As a temporary measure, renaming the configuration file in the train directory to the following (note case!) will get this working:
Code:
BVEC_Ats.cfg

Not sure without testing on Linux why the wiper image doesn't load, but this is likely to be Mono version related. There was definitely an outstanding bug until recently with some PNGs & Libgdiplus ( https://github.com/mono/libgdiplus/pull/593 ), but this isn't likely to make it's way into the stable distributions for a while.

Let me think about the best way to fix this properly Smile

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:06 pm

Hi to All...

Chris (leezer3) the renaming of the BVEC_Ats.cfg did the trick in Linux...
Now I am down to only 6 errors and they are all PNG files ... both Upper and Lower case..

I did copy/paste the error section of the openbve log..
NOTE the Plugin BVEC_Ats did load...

"QUORK" you are correct about the Cab Signal's ... and of course over in the USA you would be call a "Engineer"
instead of "Train Driver"

===========================================================
13:49:20 Loading train panel: /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/22000 5car/panel2.cfg
13:49:20 Plugin Texture.BmpGifJpegPngTiff.dll raised the following exception at LoadTexture:A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
13:49:20 No plugin found that is capable of loading texture /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/d3d/wiper.PNG
13:49:21 Train panel loaded sucessfully.
13:49:21 Loading train plugin: /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/22000 5car/BVEC_ATS.dll
13:49:21 Train plugin loaded successfully.
13:49:21 Plugin Texture.BmpGifJpegPngTiff.dll raised the following exception at LoadTexture:A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
13:49:21 No plugin found that is capable of loading texture /home/ryzen/OBVE/Railway/Object/Portarlington/pw/buffer.png
13:49:22 Plugin Texture.BmpGifJpegPngTiff.dll raised the following exception at LoadTexture:A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
13:49:22 No plugin found that is capable of loading texture /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/d3d/speed_n.PNG
13:49:23 Plugin Texture.BmpGifJpegPngTiff.dll raised the following exception at LoadTexture:A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]
13:49:23 No plugin found that is capable of loading texture /home/ryzen/OBVE/Train/CTS/22000_IE/d3d/wiper.PNG
13:50:05 WARNING: Unrecognised key #restartarguments detected in filesystem.cfg
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:19 am

Hi to All Readers..
UPDATE:  While the “Case Sensitive” (Linux Only) cured the Plugin Issue.
Leaving me with a few errors having to do with images..

If you look in the Post above this one look at the error having to do with wiper.PNG..  I found file with the same name but all lower case, Tested it and all worked for the wiper..  So I am thinking it is only a few files and extensions case sensitive.. Also I was able to use the image viewer on other files that showed errors and save it back without changing anything and it worked..
Now I must say that I am using a Debian MX-18.3 which while Ubuntu and MX share the same basic guts “Debian” there is a big difference in the OS.

So Leezer3 (Chris) if you can repair the case issue for both file names and extensions for the Debian Fork of OpenBVE.. Very much appreciate your effort ..
Thanks
Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down