BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRAPHICS

4 posters

Go down

GRAPHICS Empty GRAPHICS

Post by Terrence1946 Thu May 03, 2018 9:40 am

Screenshots below will show the problem. I think some of the content is missing unless houses are built to hang in the air!  How do I rectify this but, PLEASE, no complicated jargon or technical wizardry; I can live with the problem if there is no easy answer.

GRAPHICS Gw310

GRAPHICS Gw410

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

GRAPHICS Empty Re: GRAPHICS

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2018 11:10 am

Route Class 37 Freight - Liskeard
Just took a look in route viewer.
The terrace row on the left  starts at 3950metres. It is in the includes file 80_LJ_PLY and is associated with .railstart 30.
Ball's in your court, Chris lol!

GRAPHICS Posn4410
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrence1946 Mon May 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks but what I do about it and how?  The problem is I'm an operator not a technician.  I appreciate that you guys are route builders etc. well versed in terminology I'm not used to.  I don't wish to be unkind but when I install a route, I expect it to work and even though BVE is all free, for which I am supremely grateful, it doesn't help me when you say "the ball's in your court".  What am I supposed to do? 

With kindest regards,

Terry.

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon May 14, 2018 12:55 pm

You? Nothing. If I understand Gray's post correct, you stumbled upon a bug in one of OpenBVE's inner workings. Note he wrote "the ball's in your court" adressed at Chris', the main developer of OpenBVE nowadays.
Nobody expects you to do any magical or technical stuff, the error you found and Graymac localised further is out of your (or my) scope. Of course you can expect stuff to simply work and that's what we're all aiming at and usually it works (as long as instructions are understood and followed). However I'll add that problems have to be expected with older routes and trains, in part because coding discipline was quite a bit slackier than nowadays and many syntactic inconsistencies were deemed acceptable back then, and in part because commands and techniques were used back then which aren't common any more (because we have better ones, which require more computing power and thus weren't practical back then), so bugs glitching in there aren't detected by modern day route builders etc.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Mon May 14, 2018 12:56 pm

You have to find the .freeobj command that the houses are directed to. Then you need to find the 4th number next to where the command is written and change the value so that they move downwards. So a basic line of code would be:

.freeobject,trackno;freeobjno;xaxisno:yaxisno;rotationdegree
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Nope, sorry, that's not the right way, SP1900. Terry has clearly stated what he can do and what he can't do. Telling him to dig deep into the code of the route is neither sensible nor considerate.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Quork's right, user intervention isn't sensible without proper knowledge how things work.
Ordinary users are not expected to have the knowledge to correct / alter route codes. This isn't likely to be difficult for Chris to put right, when he can find the time!
I've sometimes stumbled on errors in my extensive back-catalogue. Which neither I nor testers and users have either noticed or remarked on. It sometime happens, that's all.

SP1900 wrote:.freeobject,trackno;freeobjno;xaxisno:yaxisno;rotationdegree
How is that expected to help any beginner? It will only confuse the uninitiated. For those who want to learn the code structure in the route files there is proper documentation here:
https://openbve-project.net/documentation/
and here:
http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk/wordpress/route-building-tutorial/
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrence1946 Mon May 14, 2018 2:01 pm

My thanks to all those who have put my mind at rest and I'm sorry I misunderstood "graymac's" post.

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down