BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asian characters displayed incorrectly

+2
graymac
LabRatAndy
6 posters

Go down

Asian characters displayed incorrectly Empty Asian characters displayed incorrectly

Post by buckysam Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:38 pm

This is a problem I've had for a long time and I've never been able to find the solution. OpenBVE and windows never displays asian characters correctly. They look fine on webpages in chrome but in windows or in windows applications, openbve included, they look odd.

Here is what they look like in openbve (this is also how they look in the program as well):
Spoiler:

Here is what they look like in Windows itself:
Spoiler:

So what I want to know is, how do i get Windows 8.1 (64-bit btw) and OpenBVE to display these characters correctly?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Asian characters displayed incorrectly Empty Re: Asian characters displayed incorrectly

Post by LabRatAndy Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Could you be missing a font for the said Asian languages?

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

Asian characters displayed incorrectly Empty Re: Asian characters displayed incorrectly

Post by buckysam Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:05 pm

LabRatAndy wrote:Could you be missing a font for the said Asian languages?
I thought that's what it could have been. I installed the Japanese language pack in windows and it didn't work. Openbve still won't display them correctly.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Have you tried setting a Japanese langguage in you BVE program options? Might do something.

Asian characters displayed incorrectly Q10
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by atimur Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Changing language of obve won't do a trick. Just go to the "Settings" on the right above the route description, and press the "Shift_JIS" button.
But I still don't know what to do with Windows folders, Openbve works ok even without proper regional settings with such routes, it's not BVE5 where I have one good route out of use just because folder names mismatch.

atimur

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:45 pm

After some trying - like you are doing now - I ended up changing folder names to English, and making the same changes in the BVE5 routes themselves.
phontanka
phontanka

http://phontanka.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by atimur Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 pm

phontanka wrote:After some trying - like you are doing now - I ended up changing folder names to English, and making the same changes in the BVE5 routes themselves.
Yeah, I did the same.

atimur

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:10 pm

graymac wrote:Have you tried setting a Japanese langguage in you BVE program options? Might do something.

Asian characters displayed incorrectly Q10

Tried that and it didn't work.

atimur wrote:Changing language of obve won't do a trick. Just go to the "Settings" on the right above the route description, and press the "Shift_JIS" button.
But I still don't know what to do with Windows folders, Openbve works ok even without proper regional settings with such routes, it's not BVE5 where I have one good route out of use just because folder names mismatch.

I tried that too and it ddn't work but maybe I didn't do it right.

I found an option in settings to set the language for non-unicode programs and i tried changing it, but it still didn't help. Still, am I really the only person that has this problem?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Nope, I have the same, both on Windows XP and on Windows 7. But the routes still work fine - well, not surprising, the software doesn't care whether it knows the chars or not, as long as the bits and bytes are right...
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down