BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accuracy level of displayed values

Go down

Accuracy level of displayed values Empty Accuracy level of displayed values

Post by thehoviskid Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:18 pm

In the bottom left of the screen, you can choose to display the speed, and distance to the next station.  Two questions:

1. Speeds (certainly in mph) are displayed to two decimal places- is it possible for the user to change that to one or even none?  It seems a little over accurate, and the flickering can catch the eye.  The same applies to the distance to the next station- one or two decimal places would be fine, and make both easier on the eyes?
  2. The distance display counts "stations" you pass- is there a way to gie the distance to the next calling point?

Thanks!
thehoviskid
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Accuracy level of displayed values Empty Re: Accuracy level of displayed values

Post by Quork Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Real world trains (continental Europe, km/h) show no or one decimal place if they have a digital speedometer.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:36 am

I've improved the station distance display for today's build by adding a second line where the next station is a pass.
This shows the distance to the next stop.

The number of decimal places displayed for speeds etc. in HUD elements is fixed in code at the minute. It wouldn't be difficult to add an option for the number of decimal places displayed to the Interface.cfg, but I definitely don't think it's worth adding to the menu or anything.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thehoviskid Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:15 pm

leezer3 wrote:I've improved the station distance display for today's build by adding a second line where the next station is a pass.
This shows the distance to the next stop.

The number of decimal places displayed for speeds etc. in HUD elements is fixed in code at the minute. It wouldn't be difficult to add an option for the number of decimal places displayed to the Interface.cfg, but I definitely don't think it's worth adding to the menu or anything.
Grand, thanks!

That sounds fair enough to the decimal places- it makes it changeable,  without too much work to do it?
thehoviskid
thehoviskid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum