BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mackoy posting on UKTrainsim

5 posters

Go down

Mackoy posting on UKTrainsim Empty Mackoy posting on UKTrainsim

Post by ecreek Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:44 am

Mackoy has popped up on UKTrainsim BVE forum with some encouraging signs about English support for BVE 5.

ecreek

Back to top Go down

Mackoy posting on UKTrainsim Empty Re: Mackoy posting on UKTrainsim

Post by Stevegr Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:12 pm

I find it interesting that Mackoy decides to post on UKTrainsim as it's many years since he posted anywhere.

Also Bve5 is a totally different program to what both Bve4 and Open Bve are.

Making things for it would be totally new and as it's a still a cabview sim I can't see me making anything for it and I can't see anyone else who's spent 100's of hours making Open Bve content suddenly rushing off and making Bve5 content instead.

Rather a pity when what I do was thanks to him in the first place.

But Bve5 does not have any real improvements on Bve4, although there's actually just two.

Passing train sounds and the fact that you can configure the passing trains to do more than travel in a straight line.

The renderer is also rather poorer than how Open Bve looks.

I did not need English translation to find this out, but when you run it what is Bve5?

Bve4 in appearance, by that a mean it does not really render any better than Bve4 and so it does not look any way as good as Open Bve in that respect.

Despite what has been posted both here and elsewhere.

For Uk content it would need a totally new set of developers or ones that don't actually exist to make even Open Bve stuff.

But the main point here is why would Mackoy decide to join UKTrainsim and make a couple of posts on there?

That's the home of a regular poster who has traditionally released some rather odd reconfigurations of other peoples work and pretended it's by him or he's happened to have found this new work! lol

So I suspect that it's a case of what's in a Username?

Do you ever know if the person you think it is actually is?

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm not getting into any conjecture on the identity of the alleged "Mackoy" posts - I will accept them at face value unless anyone proves otherwise.
But anyway, conspiracy theories aside, as far as I'm concerned it's not going to make any difference to me whether BVE5 English documentation is made readily available or not.
Good luck to BVE5, but I'm sticking with OpenBVE for the future. I want a fully featured sim, not purely a cabview. Celtictrainsim will continue to build routes and train items which run on OpenBVE for as long as it remains possible to do so.
And many thanks to Mr Mackoy for starting the ball rolling in the first place, for which I am truly grateful.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by atimur Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 pm

I also prefer OpenBVE, but I do something on BVE5 as well. English documentation would be really useful, especially when it comes to motor sound patterns...it's just quite handy for converting trains from BVE5 to Open Very Happy

atimur

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:46 pm

I will agree with graymac on this one - I am not really sure why anyone would play some strange games and pretend being mackoy... although I have seen weird things in this community. Very Happy However, I will stick to building for openBVE as wel.ĺ. At least for the near future...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down