BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mackoy's BVE5 Official Release

+4
wheeltapper
mrknowitall
Dexter
kwijiboenator
8 posters

Go down

Mackoy's BVE5 Official Release Empty Mackoy's BVE5 Official Release

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 pm

This previous Monday (05/9/11), Mackoy for the first time published the official release of BVE5, the newest version of BVE Trainsim.
Following a tweet from my friend, a Japanese rail enthusiast from London, I personally congratulate Mackoy's on his achievement.

What I personally like about the new BVE5 are key improvements including much better surround sound and fully functioning oncoming and even parallel trains able to execute curved tracks and sound-featured, watch a YouTube demonstration by excellent5exp.
BVE5 does not use oncoming trains as passing objects nor Pretrains, instead it allows route file to list more than one train folder.
The renderer has much improved as well, not just because Mackoy used a number of features from openBVE, but the individual rendering of textured being revised and you should see improvements around edges including trees and fences.

For those who say openBVE is the only way forward, I think otherwise, ever since openBVE was first launched, Mackoy hasn't lost a lot of audience at all, and BVE5 is still very popular especially amongst Japanese users and I continue to support Mackoy all the way.
BVE Trainsim 5 received lots of praise and 5 star ratings from new and existing audience, one of which he referred to in his blog.
Mackoy had put a lot of effort rewriting this program and went through difficult times with his personal life, including the devastating tusnami and earthquake back in March, also even compromised by a Wikipedia user who claimed he abondoned his BVE development.

Please think about this new simulator and praise Mackoy for his development and achievement. Thanks. お疲れ様でした、Mackoyさん!

Last edited by Wongie2009 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Mackoy's BVE5 Official Release Empty Re: Mackoy's BVE5 Official Release

Post by kwijiboenator Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:19 am

This looks amazing - although the little green man, used to indicate G forces - seems to overdo it on the corners...perhaps route developers need to have VERY smooth corners or....?
kwijiboenator
kwijiboenator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:09 am

Gotta check it out, amazing@
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:35 am

kwijiboenator wrote:This looks amazing - although the little green man, used to indicate G forces - seems to overdo it on the corners...perhaps route developers need to have VERY smooth corners or....?
I don't think you should be put off my the G Force indicator, you're still encouraged to curve as long as required.
One more thing, if you compare the way BVE5 and openBVE treats curve commands, I think I'd choose BVE5 for that.
I'm sure we can hopefully have a community of developers and users in the UK around BVE5 as well, not just openBVE.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

i dont see why though, in the nicest way. Im not keen on taking a step backwards. exteriors are what half the developers in this country make, with a select few making cabs too. i just think bve5 is no competition unless mackoy uses ext views too Smile
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by kwijiboenator Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:15 pm

mrknowitall wrote:i dont see why though, in the nicest way. Im not keen on taking a step backwards. exteriors are what half the developers in this country make, with a select few making cabs too. i just think bve5 is no competition unless mackoy uses ext views too Smile

3D modeling takes longer to run, that's the problem. But we're still going to need train exteriors for passing trains.
kwijiboenator
kwijiboenator

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeltapper Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:08 pm

I won't be taking it on. Apart from not being able to get it to run (no proper documentation to help) it doesn't appeal to me with less features than openbve.

wheeltapper

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 pm

argeed Smile
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by kwijiboenator Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 am

Ah I thought lack of 3D was the only reason...what else has been omitted?

I have friends who can translate written Japanese, if I get the time, I'll try to put together some documentation myself - it will probably be easier than trying to get openBVE to install on OS X because it's using EXE files, in lieu of DMG or ISO image mounts...
kwijiboenator
kwijiboenator

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:44 am

I'll stick with openBVE, it's open-source and cross-platform.

(Maybe even write a parser for BVE5 formats in openBVE Razz)

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm

The OpenBVE exe files run on Linux provided that mono is installed. I know very little about the Mac, but a quick Google search indicates that mono can be installed on a Mac.

Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:26 pm

Yes, but its hard to know how do do it properly. You download a pile of stuff and there's no indication where or how to place it in the folder structure. That's possibly one reason why I haven't had any success running OBVE on any of my Macs. I think Linux will run on Mac too, but you need to know what you're doing. The thing with Maccys is, we're creative rather than techie, so we haven't a clue.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kwijiboenator Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:19 am

Oh I installed all the framework - mono, tao, etc - but the installers for openBVE won't work, because as I said - they're .exe and not something OS X will recognize such as .dmg or .iso or the like.

Of course, OS 9 won't recognize the above if you've not burned mountable files onto a CD first - but I doubt many people out there with G3 or G4 machines are using OS 9 - as OS X Puma is more on it's toes.
kwijiboenator
kwijiboenator

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:15 am

Linux doesn't recognize the exe format either, but mono does. The command to run OpenBVE on my Linux box is-

mono /home/alan/openbve/OpenBve.exe

where '/home/alan/openbve/' is the path to my OpenBVE directory/folder.

Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamaal Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:23 pm

BVE all the way for me. OpenBVE stands no chance.

Jamaal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down