BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RailDriver Desktop Train Cab Controller NOW supported in OpenBve

+5
leezer3
edgreenberg
CaptED
jack123
jb69
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RailDriver Desktop Train Cab Controller NOW supported in OpenBve - Page 2 Empty Re: RailDriver Desktop Train Cab Controller NOW supported in OpenBve

Post by CaptED Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:05 pm

More info on OpenBVE 2017-08-01...

When the RailDriver is disconnected the Keyboard is not working at all...
in other words I can not use the standard keys to operate a train...

Sound issue is not with the reverser when in Forward or Reverse only when it is centered...

Sound issue is NOT when "Power Handle in idle"  and "Brake Handle in Release".

Now when I tried other Routes and Trains...  Specifically Chashinai Railway and train 5000 series 4 & 6 cars
it simply re-set the game... Never did work ... 

Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

RailDriver Desktop Train Cab Controller NOW supported in OpenBve - Page 2 Empty Re: RailDriver Desktop Train Cab Controller NOW supported in OpenBve

Post by leezer3 Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 pm

CaptED wrote:More info on OpenBVE 2017-08-01...

When the RailDriver is disconnected the Keyboard is not working at all...
in other words I can not use the standard keys to operate a train...

That is to be expected at present.
There's no way to set a control to both a keyboard and a joystick.

Adding a second copy of a control *may* work, but this is completely untested.

CaptED wrote:and what I mean is if you assign to the RD a button for starting the Engine.. it does not work,
nor does the Keyboard "E"

That's probably to be expected.
The Engine start key is a new addition, and will only be supported on trains running new .Net based plugins.
You'd need to assign the VirtualKey which the train uses by default to a RailDriver button, not the Engine Start key.

CaptEd wrote:When You have the sound turned on there is some sort of noise interference type, as you use either Power or Braking...

That sounds like electrical interference with your speakers/ headphones.
If so, there's not really much I can do here; Try changing the USB port the RailDriver is plugged into, and if you're using its headphones port, try directly into the PC.

I will test though, although I *don't* think think it's openBVE / my code causing it.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 pm

Hi Leezer3,

I will test the setup with different USB ports ...  It will take a couple days but will get back to you..
Thanks for your hard work on this project... 

Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Leezer3,

The "some sort of Noise Interference"  turns out to be Clicking noise...

I re-assigned the Throttle lever to Increase  Power by one Notch for Trains with two handles...
and Decrease Power by one notch for Trains with two handles  (Which turned out to activate the Brake.)

The Clicking sound was heard while the reverser was in neutral , and stopped when put in forward position...

I also must put the Auto Brake & Independent Brake in Release position...

My thinking as of right now is the Clicking Sound is when the program is checking for Handle Position.
once in a positive position it stops clicking...

Going back and reassigning some of the Handles and see if I can figure out the best way ...

Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by jpnmtrmn93 Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm

leezer3 wrote:Oops, the runaway errors shouldn't have happened Embarassed
I can reproduce that with a broken config file, but I'm not quite sure how it got broken if you followed the calibration instructions Sad

I've made some changes as follows:

• Fixed runaway error messages with a broken calibration file.
  • If the existing calibration file is broken, it'll be deleted automatically after the error prompt is shown.
  • Check that Minimum & Maximum are not identical. (Reverts to default values)
  • Check that Minimum & Maximum are not reversed when calibrating. (It'll silently fix this)
  • Check that Minimum & Maximum are within the allowable bounds. (Should never happen, but check anyway)
  • Check that Minimum & Maximum are not within 10 of each-other. (Reverts to default values)

The calibration file is located under the openBVE settings folder as RailDriver.xml
On a standard Windows install, this will be found in C:\Users\YOU\AppData\openBVE\Settings

This will hopefully work if you retry the calibration:
https://vps.bvecornwall.co.uk/OpenBVE/Builds/OpenBVE-2017-08-01.zip

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I downloaded this build (2017.08.01) but I do not have that folder structure to find the calibration file.

jpnmtrmn93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2