BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller

3 posters

Go down

Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller Empty Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller

Post by KitsuNek0 Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:13 am

I have been having trouble trying to set up the Zuiki One Handled Controller using the inbuilt controller plugin in OpenBve. When i select device, it only displays Select, Start, A, B and C under "Device Input". When i try to calibrate the device, it does show A, B and C working however the rest of the buttons do not do anything. The brake and power input remains at EMG or P2 when i move the lever after callibration. Is there anything i could do to resolve this?

KitsuNek0

Back to top Go down

Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller Empty Re: Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller

Post by Marc Riera Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 am

Which version of OpenBVE are you using? It sounds like the controller is not detected properly. The Zuiki controller does not need calibration and the calibration button should not be appearing. Is the controller the standard edition or the special edition (skeleton)?

Marc Riera

Back to top Go down

Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller Empty Re: Densha De Go Controller Plugin Not Registering Controller

Post by KitsuNek0 Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:12 pm

Marc Riera wrote:Which version of OpenBVE are you using? It sounds like the controller is not detected properly. The Zuiki controller does not need calibration and the calibration button should not be appearing. Is the controller the standard edition or the special edition (skeleton)?
Hi Marc,

I am currently using Version 1.8.4.4 for OpenBVE. The controller is the standard edition.

KitsuNek0

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Riera Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:32 pm

KitsuNek0 wrote:Hi Marc,

I am currently using Version 1.8.4.4 for OpenBVE. The controller is the standard edition.

Thanks for the details. I have just tested my controller (standard edition) on Windows and Linux, and it works on both.

I have the feeling there may be another controller ID variation (the different editions have different internal IDs) that OpenBVE does not recognise. Could you please go to https://gamepad-tester.com/, connect the controller and press a couple of buttons until it gets detected? Then, copy and share the ID string, which should be similar to "0f0d-00c1-One Handle MasCon for Nintendo Switch". Hopefully, we will be able to narrow down the issue with this info.

Thank you very much!

Marc Riera

Back to top Go down

Post by KitsuNek0 Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:10 am

Sure, the ID string is "33dd-0001-One Handle MasCon for Nintendo Switch"

KitsuNek0

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Riera Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:33 am

KitsuNek0 wrote:Sure, the ID string is "33dd-0001-One Handle MasCon for Nintendo Switch"

Thanks! This confirms it is an ID issue, OpenBVE does not currently have 33dd:0001 as a possible ID. I will fix the bug so the controller works in the next release.

Marc Riera

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:42 am

Many thanks Marc Smile

I've added a PR here with this and a few other design changes already:
https://github.com/leezer3/OpenBVE/pull/868

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KitsuNek0 Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:58 pm

Alright! Thanks for the assistance so far. I shall await the next update.

KitsuNek0

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:24 pm

Please try this build:
https://vps.bvecornwall.co.uk/OpenBVE/Builds/OpenBVE-2023-03-09.zip

That should hopefully work.
(This has the minor caveat that this controller has nothing changed other than the USB PID)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KitsuNek0 Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:03 am

Yup, the controller is now displaying and registering the rest of the inputs.

KitsuNek0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down