BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Openbve Central Line demo

+21
alexsp32
RizGE777
1996 stock stalker
Revonthus
Quork
cheesedude432
Northern Line
JLE Creator (old)
leezer3
buckysam
Greater Anglia Metro
Dexter
VishnuB
sstockfan
axlebox
cris_smith14
ecreek
hkmtrhah
jack123
Stephen Cross
Ad1992
25 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Openbve Central Line demo - Page 6 Empty Re: Openbve Central Line demo

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:57 pm

Liverpool street is one of my favourite approaches in both directions on the real line, and I can assure you that the approach to the station is accurately modelled in BVE. 

There has clearly been much work go into this route and train, and it certainly looks set to revive LU development for the simulator.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

The stations are something else, especially approaching Bank with the lights under the platform.

Thanks a lot of work went in to building these stations, and I am particularly proud of recreating the 1980's station designs of Marble Arch, Bond Street, Oxford Circus, and Tottenham Court Road.

I must admit I had no time to actually look at the train itself, I was too busy having fun viewing the run from the cab!
At last someone that finally sits in the cab for the whole run Razz

I've travelled on the 1992 stock for a long time, I must say reading through the manual I've learnt more about the train. I always find it fun sitting in the front coach, as you thunder into a station, to me it looks like you won't stop but it certainly does, and you can feel the brake force when you stomach lands into the seat next to you (same when pulling away)
Then you will probably remember the original dva's, and indeed the older designs the west end stations used to have.
I first went on a 1992 stock as a child back in 1995/6ish and it almost blew me backwards coming in to Notting Hill Gate. Suffice to say having spent most of the time on the slow Bakerloo line, the 1992 stock was an amazing experience!

Then again as a teenager during the early 2000's. This is one of the reasons why I set the route in 2002, I wanted to recreate that era that I spent on the line.

I did like the approach to Liverpool Street, just touching the start of the platform, and the train starting motoring through the station, I was like bloody heck, stop! Halfway up the platform the train stopped on a sixpence. I always underestimate the brakes, still had my hand on '1' in case lol!
Yes the ato and indeed Atp is a wonderful achievement in this route.

The tunnels are extremely realistic, mainly dark with the glow of the stations ahead. And the sidings at Liverpool Street were superb too.
Thank you, I have tried for ages to get the tunnels to how I wanted them, and I have finally achieved that.

P.S I know it's free, but do you accept donations? If so, please do PM me for details, I personally would like to make a donation just for the sheer amount of work gone into it.
Generally not because the who ideology behind bve is, a free simulator with free content. I would love to be able to make money out of this route but it would not only be against BVE principles, it is also a refreshing change to give something away to this world.
In a world where our so called government leaders seem hell bent on ruining everyone's chances in life, and ripping people off.
If our route gives people a bit of hope in this world then I have done my job. I just wish people would learn to read instructions!  Rolling Eyes 

I may yet set up a donation to go towards any necessary resource gathering, because that is most certainly not free. But I will Pm you if I do.

Thank you for your kind words.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by RizGE777 Sun May 04, 2014 4:25 am

***Admin: please delete this post.***

Last edited by RizGE777 on Tue May 06, 2014 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Delete this.)

RizGE777

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Sun May 04, 2014 7:52 am

I suspect your computer simply failed to load the plugin.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sun May 04, 2014 9:04 am

That and the idea why the developer had no intention to create the train for any other route other than the one designed for it. I would prefer you rather not upset the developer by posting your video here since it won't benefit yourself and others. 

Regars
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by RizGE777 Sun May 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Ok sorry, you are right Sad

RizGE777

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon May 05, 2014 4:06 pm

I did not build this train to drive on any random line on purpose. The 1992 stock has been specifically designed to run on only the central line just like life, not to mention the specific signalling.

Whilst I appreciate you removing your video, I am somewhat a bit annoyed.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Mon May 05, 2014 4:13 pm

If you really want to drive a 92 on another line then the version at London Underground BVE uses OS_ATS.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon May 05, 2014 4:16 pm

it also sounds like a washing machine Very Happy
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by RizGE777 Tue May 06, 2014 2:11 am

Greater Anglia Metro wrote:If you really want to drive a 92 on another line then the version at London Underground BVE uses OS_ATS.
I was just experimenting with this great train. (AD1992's one)

Ad1992, my apologies if I annoyed you. Great train and route though mate, fantastic work!  Very Happy

Last edited by RizGE777 on Tue May 06, 2014 2:24 am; edited 2 times in total

RizGE777

Back to top Go down

Post by RizGE777 Tue May 06, 2014 2:16 am

Ad1992 wrote:it also sounds like a washing machine Very Happy
I agree completely, it does sound like a washing machine. I never drive it lol!

RizGE777

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Wed May 07, 2014 12:53 am

RizGE777 wrote:
Greater Anglia Metro wrote:If you really want to drive a 92 on another line then the version at London Underground BVE uses OS_ATS.

Ad1992, my apologies if I annoyed you. Great train and route though mate, fantastic work!  Very Happy

Don't worry about it, I just didn't appreciate it you making a video telling people how to edit the train to make it work on another route, when it was not designed for that.

You are welcome to experiment with it, if it helps you learn anything new Smile
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by RizGE777 Wed May 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
RizGE777 wrote:

Don't worry about it, I just didn't appreciate it you making a video telling people how to edit the train to make it work on another route, when it was not designed for that.

You are welcome to experiment with it, if it helps you learn anything new Smile
Ok cool, but the thing is...I never actually edited anything, I realised that the plugin just failed to load on those 2 occasions when I was able to run it on any route, i was just experimenting to see if it would run even though it wasnt designed to. Just wanted to test it and I was suprised it worked lol but since then I have realised its a plugin problem , now it just runs as it should again on the route it was designed for  Smile

RizGE777

Back to top Go down

Post by 1996 stock stalker Thu May 15, 2014 10:23 pm

HAA im trying to edit the code to make the train skip bond street and just found the easter eggs (i wont ruin them)

1996 stock stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6