BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes another 47 in development!

+2
johnsinden
Stevegr
6 posters

Go down

Yes another 47 in development! Empty Yes another 47 in development!

Post by Stevegr Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 pm

As the Class 47 externals started out being a WCRC one at the start of developing them, I thought there was one just a little different.
Could I find a photo and could I get the permission to use it?
Well yes to both, so here is the latest WCRC I am working on.

Yes another 47 in development! Openbv17

I've got to change the lamp brackets and add quite a few little info panels to the lower body sides but it almost finished.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Yes another 47 in development! Empty Re: Yes another 47 in development!

Post by johnsinden Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 pm

...............and she looks a beauty, Steve. Well done, mate. Amazing to see that after some 50 years of service the old Class 47s are still putting in some respectable performances.
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 pm

johnsinden wrote:...............and she looks a beauty, Steve. Well done, mate. Amazing to see that after some 50 years of service the old Class 47s are still putting in some respectable performances.
Thanks John, I've now released it with it on a railtour as well as a light engine.
Slightly revised from the above screenshot.

Yes another 47 in development! Openbv19

I've also released a double headed Cotswold Rail railtour (although the inner loco is shutdown) and also the light engine versions of the loco's used for it.

Yes another 47 in development! Openbv18

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Yes another 47 in development! Empty yet another 47 in development

Post by mobile1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 am

Wow, Steve it looks brilliant...we are all going to be spoilt for choice soon.....can i ask if there`s anything in the pipeline for the Midland, i am currently working on the Bedford to St Pancras, in the Thameslink era, it would be nice to have the rolling stock to go with it..regards mobile 1...
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Excellent Steve. Much appreciated.
Jim

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Not bad, I particularly like the detail on the wheels and the buffers.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 pm

@ mobile1 Which era are you referring to?? When I used to travel from Loughborough to St Pancras in the early 70s it was exclusively Class 45s. Don't think Steve's got any of 'em..........?!?

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

mobile1 wrote:Wow, Steve it looks brilliant...we are all going to be spoilt for choice soon.....can i ask if there`s anything in the pipeline for the Midland, i am currently working on the Bedford to St Pancras, in the Thameslink era, it would be nice to have the rolling stock to go with it..regards mobile 1...

I think you are on about the 1990's here.
No I don't have any plans or the photo's to make anything for that area or era, sorry.
I do have a 319 cabview/train on my site though.
I've wanted to add externals to all the EMU's on my site but I don't have the photo's to do so, most BR built MK3 based ones have many parts to them that are the same.
So I could make a few.
It does seem a bit wrong that I've added externals to most of the DMU's on my site and none of the EMU's.

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Just to pick up on John's point about the Class 45 Steve, would a Peak be out of the question at some stage in the future? We have several brilliant representatives of the Class 47 but as far as I'm aware, no Peaks which were the mainstay on the MML. I remember them well passing through Chesterfield on their way from Sheffield to London and return. If it was a non-stop passing through at speed with its Sulzer engine and turbo-charger in full cry, it was something to behold. I'm talking about the period between early sixties and early eighties, before the advent of the HSTs on that route. Regards, Jim.

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

JimH wrote:Just to pick up on John's point about the Class 45 Steve, would a Peak be out of the question at some stage in the future? We have several brilliant representatives of the Class 47 but as far as I'm aware, no Peaks which were the mainstay on the MML. I remember them well passing through Chesterfield on their way from Sheffield to London and return. If it was a non-stop passing through at speed with its Sulzer engine and turbo-charger in full cry, it was something to behold. I'm talking about the period between early sixties and early eighties, before the advent of the HSTs on that route. Regards, Jim.
No, but it would really be in the future if I did.

I don't have the photo's or sounds to make a cab/train or an external view.

I also have the Class 56 external to finish and the Class 66 to get back to, that's about a year at least!

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Yes another 47 in development! Empty yet another 47 in development

Post by mobile1 Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Great Steve, that gives me at least a year to get the necessary pics of the peak for you, I am making my way to Matlock as we speak...regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 pm

mobile1 wrote:Great Steve, that gives me at least a year to get the necessary pics of the peak for you, I am making my way to Matlock as we speak...regards
I await with interest.

There is the other problem I forgot to mention in the post above, no sounds either.

I have fond memories as a teenager of getting a inter-regional from Cardiff to Birm NS and back.

Because it was booked for a 45, back from NS it was often a late running 47 and they were boring because there was so many of them!

For some reason 45's always seemed to fail in the Derby area when working south...

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:24 pm

When I lived in England the 47 was my favourite loco, followed by 50 and 31. I wasn't crazy about 37 then, though I'm pleased to see them on video now.

Steve's observation about 45s failing near Derby in a southerly direction is a very interesting thing to think about. Could it really be true, or not? And, if true, why might it be so?
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevegr Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Was it 47's in the 70's Grey?

The 45's were...Ok I admit it might have been in the Nottingham area, or York, or.........

But either way the booked 45 did not turn up, a non-boiler 47 did and if it was winter......

My view of 47's has changed over the years, although when a 47 replaced a 50 on a Exeter - Waterloo when I worked for BR(S) SW Div/SWT I was disappointed even in the 90's!

Stevegr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down