BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non British route suggestions

+3
johnsinden
Quork
AndrewM84
7 posters

Go down

Non British route suggestions Empty Non British route suggestions

Post by AndrewM84 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:57 am

Hi all,

Currently looking at downloading some new routes to add to my collection and I’m specifically looking at non-British routes as I have quite a lot of those already.

Can anyone give me some suggestions please?

Already have BWR 2012 (and the small real Irish route too) and the Chashinai Railway and I’m planning to download the Brno routes soon as well.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

AndrewM84

Back to top Go down

Non British route suggestions Empty Re: Non British route suggestions

Post by Quork Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Brazil:

Guaianazes - Estudantes, an electrified run of 43min on 29km. Old but still quite nice.
Jacerei - Taubate, an electrified run of 32min on 30km. Even a bit older by the looks of it, but a nice route as well.
Pinda - Expedicionaria, an electrified run of 27min on 13.2km. Nicely done, oldie but goldie.
Caldas - Grama, a non-electrified run of 50min on 27km. Partially it looks somewhat... umm... BVE2-eske, but over all, not bad.

Finland:

I don't know a name for it, I call it Suomi. 53min/47km/diesel. Visually great, the exact opposite of Chashinai: Calm, lengthy, slow, much nature.

France:

There are two visually attractive routes, but they are a total mess and idiocy on the technical level, I don't even spell their names...

Germany:

Buckower Kleinbahn. 16min/4.9km/electrified. Old state of the art, but still nice. Quite correct signalization, very calm branch line.
Tram networks Neustadt and Lesum, each with 25min runs, and the U1 metro with 33min/14km are quite nice.

Hong Kong:

The IS2 with a length of 88km is quite nice, although it needs getting used to. It isn't a railway I think, seems rather like a overground metro to me. Problem: No timetable attached. You need to wait until the train stops shaking, close the doors and proceed.

Hungary:

I have 17 entries in my route index for Hungary, though they partially overlap, share route parts or are hopelessly outdated. Here's to the interesting ones:
Fegyuvar-Sellye-Petervar, 50min/36km/diesel/rural, suburban
Felsoptaj-Bogard, 23min/11km/diesel narrow gauge/rural
Ferenchaza-Vecse, 24min/16km/diesel/rural
Ftrain, 32min/20km/electro/urban, suburban
The Solyomvar and Kiralyliget routes, up to 30min, up to 31km, some electrified/rural, suburban. Winter route included
MAV 120a, 38min/24km/electro/urban
The Sellye routes, up to 30min, up to 40km, electro/diesel, rural. Quite old and outdated TBQH but still interesting from time to time
Menvar 16/24, tram routes, 50min/15km and 26min/8.6km respectively.
Szitetujfalu, 26min/19km/tram
PZVIL, 9min/4km/tram
Teglagyari, 7min/2km/diesel narrow gauge/rural, industrial

Italy:

FGC (Genova-Cappuccio-Campi-Casella), 20min/10km/electro/mountain railway
Genova Brignole - Genova Nervi - La Spezia, 15min/8km/electro/urban
Oropa, 10min/1.5km/mountain tram
Domodossola - Trontano, 16min/8km/suburban tram
Santhia - Biella, 29min/26.7km/diesel. Very scenic, beginning in the flatlands and ending in the mountains.

Japan:

Joetsu South, 12min/8km/electro, high quality countryside
Joetsu Border, 27min/37km/electro, very high quality route in the mountains, beginning winter. Downside: Sometimes lengthy tunnels
Narita, 35min/28km/electro/rural
Tanigumi, 23min/11km/electro/suburban
I also have 13 further japanese routes, partially very nice ones, which I don't know the name of. I'll show screenshots in another thread, maybe somebody can help identify.

Spain:

Albanya, 24min/22km/diesel/rural. Old but still nice. Don't ask me if it's really Spain, I assumed so from the sound of the city names. Might be anywhere else as well, the signalization is japanese, as in most old BVE routes
Catalunya, 93min/150km/electro/urban, suburban, rural. TBQH, very outdated, the only aspect it is worth keeping for is the great length.
Muntanya, 15min/16km/diesel/rural, mountains. Veeeery old, but it's amazing what people did create back in the times of 300MHz-CPUs
Ruta Submarina, 13min/40km/electro/rural

USA:

Blueridge, 10min/6km/diesel/rural
Fairland, 38min/17km/diesel/rural, strangely enough in km/h
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by AndrewM84 Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Wow that's a lot to be getting on with, thanks for the suggestions! Could you provide links to the routes and trains if poss please?

Andrew

AndrewM84

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Nope, I don't note the links. Google will help you.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:02 pm

Andrew, for a start look at the Forum's WorldWide Links and go to BVE.cz where you'll find a comprehensive collection of routes and rolling stock. This should keep you going for a while. It's fair to say that each member will have his favourite routes and traction, all I've done over the past year is to try them out, evaluate them, and if I like 'em, keep 'em, if not, then into the bin they go.

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by tof63 Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:10 pm

AndrewM84 wrote:Could you provide links to the routes and trains if poss please?
Quork wrote:Italy:
FGC (Genova-Cappuccio-Campi-Casella), 20min/10km/electro/mountain railway
Genova Brignole - Genova Nervi - La Spezia, 15min/8km/electro/urban
Oropa, 10min/1.5km/mountain tram
Santhia - Biella, 29min/26.7km/diesel. Very scenic, beginning in the flatlands and ending in the mountains.
Routes and trains (all but FGC) for these 4: http://www.trenomania.it/bve/eng/index.asp
Trains for FGC: http://fgc.altervista.org/bve.htm
Domodossola - Trontano, 16min/8km/suburban tram
Route and train: http://ferrovie.xoom.it//oqcami/download.htm

In addition from Italy I suggest also: Fevf - Ferrovia Elettrica della Val di Fiemme
Routes and trains: http://fevf.altervista.org/
tof63
tof63

http://bve.altervista.org/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by AndrewM84 Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:09 pm

On a side note, just about to download the Brno route - are Lipnice Valley and Vranov Era included in the current release or do they need to be downloaded separately?

Andrew

AndrewM84

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:39 am

AndrewM84 wrote:On a side note, just about to download the Brno route - are Lipnice Valley and Vranov Era included in the current release or do they need to be downloaded separately?
Andrew

Lipnice Valley and Vranov era are historical versions of the current route. Thus their scenery is included and improved in many cases.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by AndrewM84 Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 am

Are the routes for them still compatible with the most recent scenery?

Andrew

AndrewM84

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am

AndrewM84 wrote:Are the routes for them still compatible with the most recent scenery?Andrew

They are not using some of the new objects and you might find some textures missing as there was a review of texture files and some of them have been renamed. You would have to download the corresponding version of objects together with route files.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinhochun Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:50 am

Quork wrote:Hong Kong:

The IS2 with a length of 88km is quite nice, although it needs getting used to. It isn't a railway I think, seems rather like a overground metro to me. Problem: No timetable attached. You need to wait until the train stops shaking, close the doors and proceed.

Being a Hong Kong citizen I really have no idea what's "IS2", and there is absolutely no space in Hong Kong for a 88km railway route if it isn't a circular line. Perhaps there is a typo?

I will point out some directions... and because bve-routes wiki is down, I will post some sendspace links instead.

Routes:
MTR Island Line:
Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t3z86w
(A metro along the small Hong Kong Island north side. Mostly underground, but the final section is overground. The stop tolerance of the final station is probably wrong.)
MTR Tsuen Wan Line (failed):
Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/au5233

(A metro connecting Tsuen Wan and Central. The final section is overground, though another underground section for the second-last station.)

Train:
http://www.winsomes3dstudio.com/index_openbve.html

There is also some other routes in Hong Kong, though they aren't "officially" released? Probably including the route you're describing.

Last edited by alvinhochun on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
alvinhochun
alvinhochun

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:45 am

Why are you redirecting us towards the internet archive? (and the horrible adf.ly)

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinhochun Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Drag0nflamez wrote:Why are you redirecting us towards the internet archive? (and the horrible adf.ly)
What? I didn't noticed that! Changed back to ordinal sendspace links affraid

Because the only way to get back those sendspace links is through bve-routes wiki... and I though the way back machine will not add any prefix to external links clown
alvinhochun
alvinhochun

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Another hint; have you tried the Tsuen Wan line download yet? Link seems to be rather dead.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinhochun Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:58 pm

Drag0nflamez wrote:Another hint; have you tried the Tsuen Wan line download yet? Link seems to be rather dead.

Oh well I thought it would work but it didn't... I'll ask the original author for another new link. I should also have a copy of those, but I should still ask the original author.

There had been some medium-quality Hong Kong routes for BVE, but as it states "BVE" it won't be 100% compatible with openBVE and they certainly lack rear side of objects.

Some developers had already built realistic Hong Kong openBVE routes, but because of copyright reasons and the author's feeling of "not good enough" they are never released (or some had been released but because of some stupid copyright thoughts they are removed for download).
alvinhochun
alvinhochun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down