BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't get mainline trains (British Rail, etc ) to move

5 posters

Go down

Can't  get mainline  trains (British Rail,  etc )  to  move Empty Can't get mainline trains (British Rail, etc ) to move

Post by Skyrim100 Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Hi  guys,

I have had some fun   with the tube trains...  and then tried  a few mainline trains.  But I cannot get them to move...even though I press  the same buttons  as the ones on the tube trains.... both  single  handle  and two  handled

Is  there some special restriction  on mainline  trains  and what routes  they run on   ?

cheers

Skyrim100

Back to top Go down

Can't  get mainline  trains (British Rail,  etc )  to  move Empty Re: Can't get mainline trains (British Rail, etc ) to move

Post by cilldroichid Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:46 am

Hi,

Which trains and routes are you having trouble with?

Some trains can have slightly different start up procedures in my experience. 'F' to put reverser to forward, 'V' to put reverser back to neutral and when the loud beep starts 'Insert' to rest the AWS. 'Spacebar' to deactivate the DRA and then you should be good to go on some locos anyhow.

With Electric locos you might have raise the panto and other trains can have different start up procedures, sometimes on the download page or in a read me file in the download there are instructions.

Donal

cilldroichid

Back to top Go down

Can't  get mainline  trains (British Rail,  etc )  to  move Empty Re: Can't get mainline trains (British Rail, etc ) to move

Post by leezer3 Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:55 pm

cilldroichid wrote:Hi,

Which trains and routes are you having trouble with?

Some trains can have slightly different start up procedures in my experience. 'F' to put reverser to forward, 'V' to put reverser back to neutral and when the loud beep starts 'Insert' to rest the AWS. 'Spacebar' to deactivate the DRA and then you should be good to go on some locos anyhow.

With Electric locos you might have raise the panto and other trains can have different start up procedures, sometimes on the download page or in a read me file in the download there are instructions.

Donal

We need the specific trains to advise you properly really Smile

Other than the newer LU 1992 stock, which is rather tied to it's own route, there should be no incompatible combinations. (I can think of a 'cheating' way to stop certain combinations running, but it'd need to be done very deliberately in the routefile)

The above should work for most British mainline stock though.

Cheers

Chris Lees

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrim100 Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks  guys  for  both your replies

I have got some of the trains to move....   and found a manual on one of them located  in a sub     folder

The one I have a problem with  is the class 444 (I think ) South West  trains                      

Another problem    I  have is finding routes. There doesn't seem to be alot...  but I am looking for ones that go to Cornwall, Southend  and Portsmouth 

Any help  would  be appreciated

Cheers

Skyrim100

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:22 am

There's nothing in the Southend or Portsmouth department to the best of my knowledge.

The only Cornish route is MINE Razz

Seriously though, the Plymouth Route is actually relatively accurate and high-detail as far as the Royal Albert Bridge, but is nowhere near as good after that.
There will be a further 2.5km worth of high-detail improvements (As far as Shillingham/ Wivelscome Tunnel) in the next month or so, but I'm rather in the middle of finishing a GWR Manor class loco at the minute.
The ongoing progress log/ screenshots thread is here:
https://bveworldwide.forumotion.com/t423-bve-cornwall-current-wip

Main page on my site:
http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk/wordpress/the-plymouth-route/

There are a couple of other routes on there, the Somerset & Dorset, whilst not mine is still very much worth a drive, and the Barrow- Carlisle, which is a lower detail older route, again not mine Smile

Cheers

Chris Lees

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrim100 Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:10 am

Thank you so  much....I  tried  your Plymouth route....and  that was great...just  did a run up  to Saltash...but had come  out as my dad wanted to use the computer. I already  had  the Somerset one,  which is also good

Good   luck with your  next project...

I  have a question:

I saw  downloads  for the Moorgate to  Drayton park  and the Island line ....downloaded  them,  but the files  were empty.  Not  sure why that is...

But do you know of anywhere else  I can find  those  routes?  I  have looked all over...shame  they are up on a site, but empty  downloads  :  (

And  I want  to build  a 1959 stock....how  hard is this ?

Cheers

Skyrim100

Back to top Go down

Post by johannSUB Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:37 am

i have a problem to drive this train. all i pressed  on the keyboard and will not move.

Can't  get mainline  trains (British Rail,  etc )  to  move Qvk-ne-mog

Can't  get mainline  trains (British Rail,  etc )  to  move I5b-ne-mog

johannSUB

johannSUB

Back to top Go down

Post by atimur Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:07 pm

You need to do the following.

1) Move reverser to forward, then back to neutral.
2) After you hear long AWS warning horn sound, press Insert.
3) Press 1 to turn DRA off.
4) Press 2 to raise pantograph. Raising it cat take up to 10 seconds, be patient.
5) Press 4 then 5 to set lights correctly.
6) Drive train as normal. (remember to set reverser to forward.)

atimur

Back to top Go down

Post by johannSUB Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:19 pm

I've done everything you've mentioned here

johannSUB

Back to top Go down

Post by johannSUB Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Press 1?  1 is emergency

I tried everything and still cant move it

johannSUB

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:01 pm

I think you want Space not 1 to turn the DRA off.

Alternatively, you can always open the train folder and delete the .dll file.
This will drop it back to a fallback configuration, and whilst a lot of the fancy stuff may not work, it'll move Razz

Cheers

Chris Lees

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down