BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Authoritative OpenBVE Download and Documentation

+14
mrknowitall
Wulf_9
Egg
Northern Line
Dj Hammers
alex_farlie
LabRatAndy
BruceS
Quork
spara
750DC
Dexter
graymac
odakyufan
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Authoritative OpenBVE Download and Documentation - Page 2 Empty Re: Authoritative OpenBVE Download and Documentation

Post by Quork Mon May 21, 2012 3:08 am

OpenTrainSim is an open source remake of MSTS. OpenTrain is a commercial swiss software for training management and thus far too risky. OpenTrainDriver would be an option. OpenRailway also, though it's a name which wouldn't exactly be certain to reach a high google page rank. Searching for open railway, whether with or without a blank between the words, receives news about new railways opened. Beyond the cab... Dunno if this sounds as a railsim to someone looking for one.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Authoritative OpenBVE Download and Documentation - Page 2 Empty Re: Authoritative OpenBVE Download and Documentation

Post by graymac Mon May 21, 2012 10:50 am

How about
"RailXpress",
see how that googles!
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Mon May 21, 2012 11:27 am

graymac wrote:How about
"RailXpress",
see how that googles!

It's a UK rail enthusiast publication.

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm

How about RealSim?
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Egg Mon May 21, 2012 1:12 pm

FOSS Line
FLOSS Rail

Egg

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Mon May 21, 2012 1:48 pm

You know, the original translation of 'Boso' is 'reckless driving' - so why not call it OpenBevy ... and cabs will appear with a beer bottle on the dash instead of a coffee cup Very Happy
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 3:25 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 21, 2012 3:43 pm

I would not really like to have my nickname in the name of the sim... it is a sim for all of us, not for myself only. Also, I am not the author of the sim, I only create addons... you'd better name it "Railing Rabbit's Redemption". albino
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 21, 2012 6:16 pm

You know, the original translation of 'Boso' is 'reckless driving' - so why not call it OpenBevy ... and cabs will appear with a beer bottle on the dash instead of a coffee cup

Like!
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dj Hammers Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am

Heard a good one today... "TransiSim" - for "Transit Simulator"
Dj Hammers
Dj Hammers

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

no offence, i miss read that as tranny sim, not in a offensive way, if i did, im sure others might too.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22, 2012 11:04 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 pm

FVE - Free View Express

Question
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Tue May 22, 2012 1:03 pm

How about "open Railman Simulator"? Or "free train cab operator"?
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue May 22, 2012 1:28 pm

"the artist formerly known as openbve" Very Happy
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Bucket_of_mud Tue May 22, 2012 3:17 pm

I would call it "The result of a very long discussion that does not lead to any end as no one is willing to accept someone else's proposal". Really, watching topic a longer time and I could not resist writing this here.
Bucket_of_mud
Bucket_of_mud

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm

graymac wrote:"the artist formerly known as openbve" Very Happy

Haha thanks for another good giggle there! Very Happy

Sometimes this is what happens when something is designed by consensus (or lack thereof) - either the main branch must grow and thrive or else someone *will* produce a fork with heaven knows what consequences... Shocked
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by k3nny Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:53 am

Has anyone actually contacted Michelle to ask for the entire site and forum so that they may continue with the project? I mean it would be best if we kept the old site (however I notice the cost issue in one of these post somewhere) but I do agree with the forum-it should be kept open with a new administrator on board instead of closing (and possibly trashing) the forum with [many] potential trains and routes that are being developed...

looking the the preliminary openbve site at odakyufan, you seem to use mediafire...This may actually not be suffice as the files that don't get downloaded over a certain amount of time may get removed... Question I use Dropbox and I'm not sure if using Dropbox as a storage medium will suffice and/or comply with the Terms Of Service (although it doesn't look like it will break any TOS rules at the moment-I just read it) , as I'm sure they don't have those "rarely downloaded = remove" sort of policies. Cool

Please take the above as no more than as suggestions. I am not endorsing anything here...

I really miss the old site... Crying or Very sad Could someone who has the entire site archived please shoot a msg to me so that I can have it to look upon again? Very Happy I actually haven't been on the actual site at least two months ago...

Thanks,
k3nny

Last edited by k3nny on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

k3nny

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

https://bveworldwide.forumotion.com/t420-want-to-get-the-openbve-discussion-board-archive

Wongie2009 wrote:You can try info.openbve-at-gmail.com or reschanger-at-gmail.com , both I remember was displayed on the TSF homepage.

alvinhochun wrote:
Yes I've tried both before (5/5/2012).
Till now I only got one reply:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

reschanger@gmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
(I believe I don't need to mask this email address already Razz )

I think Michelle has already given up "info.openbve-at-gmail.com" too. Just like she's disappeared in the world pale

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tof63 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:21 pm

k3nny wrote:I really miss the old site... Crying or Very sad Could someone who has the entire site archived please shoot a msg to me so that I can have it to look upon again? Very Happy I actually haven't been on the actual site at least two months ago...
Try here: http://lnx.trenomania.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1739&start=9
tof63
tof63

http://bve.altervista.org/index.html

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2