BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A mismatch in the offical development documentation

3 posters

Go down

A mismatch in the offical development documentation Empty A mismatch in the offical development documentation

Post by zbx1425 Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:16 am

This is the description of the Track.Fog command in the offical documentation:

However I found this description of the command Options.FogBehavior in the same document, prior to it:

So I got confused.
Track.Fog seems can not only be used at the beginning of a block if the Options.FogBehavior is set to 1.
But there is a warning post placed right there says it can only be used at the beginning of a block.
So, CAN Track.Fog be used in somewhere else than the beginning of a block?
zbx1425
zbx1425

https://www.zbx1425.cn

Back to top Go down

A mismatch in the offical development documentation Empty Re: A mismatch in the offical development documentation

Post by leezer3 Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Take this example:
Code:
0, .fog 0;200;150;150;150
100, .fog 0;200;0;0;0
200, .fog 0;200;150;150;150

Options.FogBehaviour controls the interpolation mode.
When this is set to 0, our initial fog reaches full intensity at 25m. At 100m, it then interpolates over the next 25m (block) to reach the value set there.
When this is set to 1, our fog starts at full intensity at 0m, and over the next 100m it blends to reach the value set at 100m

In either case, it can only be used at the beginning of the block. I haven't investigated specifically why for this post, but that was always the limitation with BVE2 / BVE4.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A mismatch in the offical development documentation Empty Re: A mismatch in the offical development documentation

Post by Quork Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:59 pm

Mod edit
zbx1425 thanked Chris and stated that he had got it wrong initially. Since the remainder of his post was a totally different question, I split it into a new thread; sadly there's no option to duplicate the post.
- Quork
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down