BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future?

2 posters

Go down

Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future? Empty Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future?

Post by Midnight Express Ginga81 Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:21 pm

https://x.com/atF9045/status/1745042120610885981
OpenBVE focuses on outer view, but Bve5 using AtsEX has evolved to this point.
I think it would be nice if OpenBVE could do something similar.

Midnight Express Ginga81

Gothpaladinus, Delsin and SP1900 like this post

Back to top Go down

Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future? Empty Re: Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future?

Post by leezer3 Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:41 pm

That's quite an interesting effect.
It can't be a 'true' reflection, as BVE5 doesn't actually support an external view.

Similar (I would suspect the same basic technique) can be achieved today using an animated file, a set of appropriate textures and the trackdistance function.
Basically, you want to combine the textures into 2 or 3 filmstrips, and the TrackDistance function to switch between them. (As you'll want a greater difference between frames at distance)
The TextureShift function can then be use to move the appropriate frame on the filmstrip into view.

Could also do it with lots of states, but the TextureShift approach would likely be better.

Someone has already done this; I can't immediately find which, but it's probably one of the HK routes.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Midnight Express Ginga81 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future? Empty Re: Wouldn't it be possible to display it in the mirror in the same way as Bve5 in the future?

Post by Midnight Express Ginga81 Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:49 pm

I asked him directly about this, but he draws the 3D space frame by frame only in the mirror area, intersepting the Bve5 drawing and drawing directly.
As you know, Bve5 is closed source, but it is made possible by building a system that can be accessed from the outside.
OpenBVE does not require such effort as it can be implemented directly as a main body function without going to the trouble of doing so.

Midnight Express Ginga81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down