BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

2 posters

Go down

Linux Mint 20.3    and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by sswcharlie Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:21 am

Hi
Brand newbie.
Have downloaded BVE from here:     https://openbve-project.net/download/     The Ubuntu .Deb file

Loads ok, but I get to the screen  and nothing working.  Shows 2 panels:   Route Selectiopn: Train   and Train Selection:  BR 323

Should I be able to run:    Train with the loco    BR 323  or do I have to do something first.

Cannot find noobie tutorial to run my first train.

Need a little help to get me up and running.  

Next step is for a US Amtrak route  with Amtrak train.   Any links to where I find, and instructions to add to my BVE.

Thanks

Charles Harris

sswcharlie

sswcharlie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint 20.3    and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by sswcharlie Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:52 pm

Hi

Is anyone able to advise me on my request abpve.   Thankyou

Charles

sswcharlie

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint 20.3    and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Re: Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by Gothpaladinus Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:50 pm

First of all, this is the basic train control, please read it first before trying anything else: Playing OpenBVE – OpenBVE (openbve-project.net)

Also, if you aren't sure about how to install addons properly, see this: Installing Addons – OpenBVE (openbve-project.net)

Second, the British Railway Class 323 EMU has a special controlling method as it doesn't use the stock train plugin. It has an external, UK train specific plugin, the UkTrainSys, and the startup is a bit more tricky with it.

You must first put the reverser forward (F key) then back to X position (V key), then you have to acknowledge the buzzer by pressing Insert/Delete buttons. Then, raise the pantograph by pressing 2. When it is done and the blower started up, you can close the doors and depart. If you hear the buzzer while running on, just press insert/delete quickly. If you aren't quick enough, the train applies emergency brake that you can only deactivate after the train stopped by acknowledging the buzzer, then pressing the Space bar. After you successfully drive through the route and reach the end, turn off the blower and pull off the pantograph by pressing 3 and set back the reverser to X position and finally, apply the emergency brake. The train is completely shut down afterwards, you can quit the game then.

Hope that it helps and have a safe ride!

Cheers, Marcell

Last edited by Gothpaladinus on Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to include the addon install procedure)
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

https://gothpaladinus.wixsite.com/gothpaladinusbve

Back to top Go down

Linux Mint 20.3    and BVE Train Simulator software Empty Re: Linux Mint 20.3 and BVE Train Simulator software

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down