BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure

2 posters

Go down

Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure Empty Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure

Post by Locomotion Tue May 04, 2021 11:42 am

I've just upgraded  openBVE on my Linux Mint installation to v1.8.0.2.

All appeared to be working well until the program suddenly exited the route and reverted to the game setup pages. Clicking on the Report Problem returned a 'No Crash Log found' message. Subsequent runs on the route crash at exactly the same point, the route has worked correctly on previous versions.

Looking at the route file suggests that the crash is associated with a 'Track Follower' command, which would just have been read in for an oncoming train at 600m distance.

I also tried the upgrade on my Windows installation and found the route crashed at the same point, but included a crash log, see part 2 to follow.

Cheers.

Loco

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure Empty Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 2, Windows Crash.

Post by Locomotion Tue May 04, 2021 12:25 pm

Following my Linux upgrade I tried out openBVE on my Windows 10 installation. Oddly after the upgrade from the project site I notice the version number shown on Windows is v1.7.544.641-VssAdmin...

Running the same route as before on Linux, I found that the program exited at exactly the same point. This time however a crash log was generated which I hope is as attached. The route is my own under development project which was working under previous versions.

Cheers,

Loco

Here is the crash log, copy and paste:

03/05/2021 20:22:36
OpenBVE 1.7.544.641-VssAdministrator Crash Log
Program is running on the Windows backend
Current screen resolution is: Full-screen 1920px X 1080px 32bit color-mode
Current routefile is: D:\openBVE\Routes\Railway\Route\Stratford_Route\S2H_Early.csv
Current train is: D:\openBVE\Routes\Train\Cl1702carLondonMidland
Current train plugin is: UKSpt.dll
1 error(s)
The current routefile caused the following exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at OpenBveApi.Routes.TrackFollower.UpdateAbsolute(Double NewTrackPosition, Boolean UpdateWorldCoordinates, Boolean AddTrackInaccuracy)
   at OpenBveApi.Objects.TrackFollowingObject.Update(AbstractTrain NearestTrain, Double TimeElapsed, Boolean ForceUpdate, Boolean CurrentlyVisible)
   at OpenBve.ObjectManager.UpdateAnimatedWorldObjects(Double TimeElapsed, Boolean ForceUpdate) in D:\a\1\s\source\OpenBVE\Game\ObjectManager\ObjectManager.cs:line 21
   at OpenBve.OpenBVEGame.OnRenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\source\OpenBVE\System\GameWindow.cs:line 123
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp) in I:\work\github\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 479
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame() in I:\work\github\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 454
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second) in I:\work\github\opentk\src\OpenTK\GameWindow.cs:line 375
   at OpenBve.MainLoop.StartLoopEx(MainDialogResult result) in D:\a\1\s\source\OpenBVE\System\MainLoop.cs:line 106
   at OpenBve.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\a\1\s\source\OpenBVE\System\Program.cs:line 249   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at OpenBve.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\a\1\s\source\OpenBVE\System\Program.cs:line 249
Current program memory usage: 697.77mb
System memory free: 4025mb

Last edited by Locomotion on Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure Empty Re: Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure

Post by leezer3 Tue May 04, 2021 12:29 pm

I've merged the two topics. (Please keep together for the same issue)

Unfortunately, there's no crash log.
If you can't get this to work, you can either copy and paste the text into the post or upload somewhere else (mediafire etc.)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure Empty Re: Upgrade to v1.8.0.2, Part 1. Linux Mint. Crash Log Failure

Post by leezer3 Tue May 04, 2021 1:29 pm

Can't immediately reproduce anything Sad

First step, please try 1.8.0.1:
https://vps.bvecornwall.co.uk/OpenBVE/Stable/OpenBVE-1.8.0.1.zip

There were some changes made to TFOs (to do with running past the beginning of a rail), which if it works on earlier builds would look to me to be the most likely culprit.
The version number seems to be a glitch with the auto-generated installer build, I'll take a look at that later in the week.

Ideally though, I need your routefile / TFO script. (drop me PM if you like)
Objects and trains shouldn't be necessary, just the main thing.
You can probably delete most the routefile too (it's going to be something before ~1.6km)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Locomotion Tue May 04, 2021 8:25 pm

Thanks for your help.

I tested 1.8.0.1 and found that crashed as well. So I've now rolled back to 1.7.2.4 and find that works fine, (although still no logging function). Both tests on Linux.

I'll sort out the route files and pm them to you for further study if that helps.

Cheers,

Loco

Locomotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down