BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa?

3 posters

Go down

Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa? Empty Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa?

Post by NYCT_Railer Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:11 am

I seem to notice that whatever you do in the cab stays in the cab and anything done in the exterior stays in the exterior, I want to be able to link the cab and the exterior so that some features I want to implement are actually possible, or if there is a way I am unaware of, I would appreciate any help and/or beneficial game changes. I am aware of pluginstates but the same thing applies, if it in-cab and function any plugin state, it would only affect the cab and not the exterior
NYCT_Railer
NYCT_Railer

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa? Empty Re: Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa?

Post by leezer3 Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:58 pm

Can you be a little clearer as to what you're trying to do?

My suspicion is that it's not possible at the minute without using plugin states, but these should work correctly both inside and outside of the train (just use the pluginstate[i] variable in whatever animated file)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa? Empty Re: Is there a way to Function the exterior of a train while being in-cab and vice versa?

Post by Delsin Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Just implement everything you want in the external object and then include .animated file of the first car in panel.animated. The only difference between "cab" and "external" views I've noticed is that whatever goes in panel.animated is always rendered on top of everything else (no effect at all if you keep the camera inside the train and there's no other objects going thru the first car) and the camera moves differently.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down