BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excessive camera sway in F2 view

4 posters

Go down

Excessive camera sway in F2 view Empty Excessive camera sway in F2 view

Post by Delsin Fri May 08, 2020 3:14 pm

This has probably been brought up sometime ago as it's been a thing for a while, I just noticed how intense it can be now. The sway seems to intensify a lot the closer the camera gets to the rear of a car, sometimes it's enough to throw it outside. Especially noticeable on longer (23+m) cars.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Excessive camera sway in F2 view Empty Re: Excessive camera sway in F2 view

Post by zbx1425 Sat May 09, 2020 8:55 am

Delsin wrote:This has probably been brought up sometime ago as it's been a thing for a while, I just noticed how intense it can be now. The sway seems to intensify a lot the closer the camera gets to the rear of a car, sometimes it's enough to throw it outside. Especially noticeable on longer (23+m) cars.
The "sway" you are seeing is a cause of you moving the camera into the rear car while having your "origin" remaining at the first car. I will draw a rough graph to demonstrate this:
Excessive camera sway in F2 view Offset10
So as you have seen, the "sway" that pushes you out of the train is the result of keeping the "offset". As the front cars "rotate" further on a curve than the rear ones. This is the intended behavior, and I don't see it buggy. It is just a bit harder to understand.
The correct way to get yourself into rear cars is to push KeyPad 1 and 7 instead of KeyPad 3 and 9. That actually changes the "origin" to a rear car, which will give you the behavior you want. If you just use KeyPad 3 and 9, the "offset" gets changed, and you would end up in a situation as shown in Fig 2 if you try to use "offset" instead of "origin" to put your camera inside another car.
USE 1 and 7 to select a car, then USE 3 and 9 to move the camera around inside the selected car. If you try to USE 3 and 9 to move between cars you get the offset problem.

If you are just moving the camera inside a single car which has been "selected", that should not give you the problem. As the camera position should be fixed to the selected car, where the "origin" is located. At least I have never encountered.
zbx1425
zbx1425

https://www.zbx1425.cn

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Sat May 09, 2020 4:48 pm

I know that. It happens when I put the camera in the right car.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun May 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Without having dug through the code, I'd say it's offsetting the camera position from the eye position before calculating the sway.

Ought to be fixable, will look at when I remember, although low priority.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NakanoS Wed May 13, 2020 1:51 am

I'd gonna say maybe this is not related, but does the origin position changed lately? I've noticed that some of my rolling stock gonna sway hardly in the origin, but do less at most-front position of the car.
No clue, except if i move the car object beyond origin, and that's not very effective.
NakanoS
NakanoS

http://javvasharyo.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down