BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted

+2
NoobDev.exe
Movingmillion
6 posters

Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Re: Deleted

Post by graymac Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:21 pm

Let me guess. Maybe any combination or single one of these possibilities:
High hopes and zero (or precious little) ability.
Too much ambition.
Relying (or hoping) for "others" to volunteer to join in and do all the work.
Declaring the next best thing since sliced bread, then realising inability to deliver . . . .

If every promised new route was delivered at all we would be swamped with stuff.
I'd take the view that none of the past broken promises are likely to materialise and anyone with the competence to build a new work would be doing it instead of bothering with failed or unfinished projects.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by NoobDev.exe Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm

I do remember 2 of these routes being around. Route 1: Metropolitan Line (Piccadilly pack). It consisted of the whole Piccadilly Line along with one Metropolitan route (the one you mentioned, to Uxbridge). It can be found on the Hmmsim Rutas Y Trenes VK group.

Route 2: Hammersmith and City Line for BVE2. This is still around, the link isn't dead either, it is very much alive and the developer is still around, although they stopped BVE development a while ago. I think it is the whole Hammersmith and City line, Westbound, in present day (2002) London. You may have heard of them, Beno, who has a site called BenoBVE (yes that is right). Search for it and click on the second link.

However, I have to agree with Graymac here. Have you bitten off a bit more than you can chew? Its fine if you have. I had a few false starts a few months ago. I would like to see how the route is progressing though, maybe a screenshot? Very Happy PM me if you want.

Hope this helped anyway!
NoobDev.exe
NoobDev.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:59 pm

All I'm reminding you is that a LOT of stuff has "fallen by the wayside" over the years - particularly when you look a proposals for routes - and unless there's something new to show there's not much point in bothering with what once "might have been" and obviously wasn't.
I'm delighted when new developers show a spark of initiative and get some work done, I'm pleased to see what NoobDev has done so far on the Barry Railway, by his own effort and initiative as it appears. Now you're saying , "I do admit that I do not have that big of a part to play in the route"  -  a statement which I find less than inspiring, for all of the hype and grandiose swaggering with fancy tiles. Mind you don't fall down the "credibility gap"!! Or maybe you did already.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ap1991 Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:06 am

I started a thread last week full of nostalgic links to no longer available websites with some routes that looked very promising at the time (North Wales Coast), but as others have said, many routes never come to fruition, this could be for many, many reasons, I'd say the main reason being peoples interests move on.  Also, the BVE community hasn't always been this peaceful which did a bit of damage a few years ago.

The late Alan Wheeler, who I'll admit, I didn't always see eye to eye with, gave me a bit of advice that has always stuck, don't announce something in a blaze of glory until you have something concrete to show.
ap1991
ap1991

https://adamp19914.wixsite.com/bvecentral

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Movingmillion wrote:Hello again.

There is also a mysterious legacy version of a Central Line route. The account on Flickr under the name Anonymous-BVE, which definitely has zero relation to the other 'anonymous' bve media channels that have appeared on the internet, has several photos of this route. I say that it has no relation to the other anonymous accounts because of the fact that these photos were taken several years before those accounts became public on YouTube, and because those accounts use openBVE and this one appears to use BVE 2/4. It appears to have gone through almost the entire line, being seen at Gants Hill, Ealing Broadway, and Stratford. This leads me to believe that this route somehow went from Ealing Broadway to at least Gants Hill. Anyone know what happened to this route, and who possibly created it? A member of my development group has suggested that it is the developer of the Shephards Bush to Marble Arch route.

I have seen a few Central line routes in my time.
The first ever route was John Owen's Shepherds bush to marble arch bve 2 demo. The second was by someone called Miles Codrington, he started making a route for Bve4 and even a pretty good 1992 stock train too. Then it was decided both him and someone called Phillip So would collaborate and build the route from Ealing Broadway to Hainault via Newbury park. I know this because I went out to record the announcements for the never finished route. Some of the recordings you can hear in my Central Line demo The route was never completed and the only thing that got a partial release, was a section of a new route running from Marble Arch to Holborn and a return. This was to simulate the fact that at the time the Central line was partially closed due to the derailment.

There was also another very simple cartoony looking route that I briefly played on. It did run along most of the line but very very very very very basic looking. I believe this is the Stratford one you are referring to, I do remember it going through Stratford and Leytonstone etc.

There was also a version of the Hammersmith and City Line that was being created for the BVE 2 platform. This route was started in the early years of BVE, and the only screenshot that exists of it, and proof of the route's existence as a whole, is a very nice capture of a scene just passing Hammersmith Depot with an unrefurbished C Stock on the opposing track. I do believe with further research that this was planned to be a route set in the past, around 1989, which would have been an interesting experience. What was the fate of this route, specifically what caused its development cancellation?
That was a route by someone called Robert Hull, the route was finished from Hammersmith up to Euston Square if I remember correctly. Robert had set the route in 1989 because he was using the Video 125 video to build the route, right down to the Silver C stock object he made. That is going back quite sometime now. I have no idea why the route stopped.

I also distinctly remember a legacy version of the Jubilee Line route. I can't remember who posted the pictures, but I do remember that they might be a current moderator of this forum. They posted screenshots of, amongst other stations, St. John's Wood, and the immediate approach to Canning Town. I do know which route this is; I believe that this is correlated to the original Green Park to North Greenwich route, with the progress into this version of the route being scrapped in preference to the Green Park to Bermondsey route, which was a complete game-changer for the BVE London Underground scene which set the bar for all future routes. Just wondering if anyone knew who posted these screenshots at the time?
That was a version made especially for Acton Town. It ran from Baker Street to Canning Town. The St Johns Wood screenshot was I think my first attempt at building it. It might also have been me that posted the screenshot I can't honestly remember. I do know that the texture there is mine though because it had not been altered to match my Swiss Cottage one.

I will finish off this essay with a question about the Kings Line. It has been mentioned on this board before, and perhaps it will not be the last time. This route was not released either, but was a very promising route in the very early days of BVE, having a planned release date of the 7th of July, 2002, which is longer than some members of this board have lived; me included! It included the Chelsea to Hackney Line, which will now be encompassed into the planned Crossrail 2, and the full route plan was for it to run from Wimbledon to Thamesmead. I presume that this would have also had some interchanges with the Beck Line, which is a brilliant route from the same era. What caused this route's cancellation.
No idea.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:05 pm

Not rushing you on this, but when will that class 313 be released? (Out of curiosity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:25 pm

Next year maybe. The original idea was it was going to be released along with the phase one of the Jubilee route, hence the inclusion of the NLL.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:17 pm

Cool, plus will it be compatible with all OpenBVE BR routes (i.e. the Network West Midlands map) as the LUL stock you have made have always been compatible only with the specific routes they come with

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:55 am

Deleted SC-1024x563

I have a mostly finished Swiss Cottage and St Johns Wood - track is complete from Finchley Road to West Ham.

However, I have (again) not done anything for a long while as I am currently training to become a train driver and that is taking priority.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down