BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted

5 posters

Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Re: Deleted

Post by graymac Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:53 pm

There's no "right" or "wrong" way, methods may differ when constructing a "real" route as distinct from a fictional one. The last route I made was a "real" one, so I began with some trackwork. Using google sat images I worked out some distances and estimated curve radii. That gave me a basic track framework and station positions. You can also work out bridge positions this way. I used a dummy bridge "marker" in the prototype and came back to put the proper bridge objects in later. So, by all means try a "skeleton" track - it can be helpful. Gradients are harder to determine, but it is useful if they can be inserted early. Some scenic items may render incorrectly if an incline is added later, gaps opening up, perhaps.
Simple platforms to mark station position can be used initially, with the fine detail done later.
Of course, it ALL has to be done at some time or other. Having miles of bare trackspace can be discouraging, when you see how much there is still to do LMAO, or it can spur you to "get your finger out" and get on with it  Smile Smile  - you decide!!!!
Good luck!

Last edited by graymac on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 pm

While I'm not a route dev on OpenBVE by any means, in LokSim3D I've been working in sections. Both methods have their pros and cons, noone but you can tell what you like more 😉
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNetworkerLover Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:02 pm

Sounds like a excellent idea. I don't develop for bve personally, but if i would it would be like that. Id be very slow. Computers arent my thing. Wish my mate would help. But we wont. Odd thing he is....
TheNetworkerLover
TheNetworkerLover

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Method that works for me is this: basic route with platforms, walls and trackwork then make it look nice after its driveable. I’ve only built one route but I used this method and it was effective for me. But it is a developers choice. If you’re the one building the route you build it your way. If it’s someone else, they can build it their way.
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNetworkerLover Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:28 pm

Sounds great Movingmillion! Looking forward to it very much. Good luck with it Surprised
TheNetworkerLover
TheNetworkerLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down