BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jubilee Line Demo discussion

+7
leezer3
undergroundernie
Quork
Ad1992
Revonthus
MattD6R
SP1900
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jubilee Line Demo discussion Empty Re: Jubilee Line Demo discussion

Post by SP1900 Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:30 am

Do you plan to have trains on the opposite tracks in the future? The line seems a little bare without them. Other than that. Good job

I hope more updates and more routes and trains come out soon

Last edited by SP1900 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:51 am

I gave this a run, was enjoyable and I liked the detail. No troubles driving this route (once you mastered the station stops). I did however have trouble doing the brake test which having followed the instructions I couldn't it to work after I set the brake B1 as the screen instructs me to do.

I look forwards to the future releases. Thanks. Smile

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by Revonthus Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:33 pm

This is fantastic very well detailed downed to the smallest bits. I'm amazed but the details put in the environment really puts the realistic feeling especially when the tunnels is pitch black but in passenger view you can see the cables. My only issue is this error which I'm stuck on.   Please help me thanks.Jubilee Line Demo discussion Error10
Revonthus
Revonthus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:15 pm

That is not an error, that is the TMS showing the train status. Just press 8 to jump back a screen.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:20 pm

MattD6R wrote:I gave this a run, was enjoyable and I liked the detail. No troubles driving this route (once you mastered the station stops). I did however have trouble doing the brake test which having followed the instructions I couldn't it to work after I set the brake B1 as the screen instructs me to do.

I have just noticed this, how odd it worked the other day.
I will look in to it.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:21 pm

SP1900 wrote:Do you plan to have trains on the opposite tracks in the future? The line seems a little bare without them. Other than that. Good job

I hope more updates and more routes and trains come out soon

Yes, we did talk about that for the next extended version. I also want to improve SMD slightly, however for a demo it is sufficient. Smile

Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
MattD6R wrote:I gave this a run, was enjoyable and I liked the detail. No troubles driving this route (once you mastered the station stops). I did however have trouble doing the brake test which having followed the instructions I couldn't it to work after I set the brake B1 as the screen instructs me to do.

I have just noticed this, how odd it worked the other day.
I will look in to it.

Right, you have to shut the train doors first and then you can perform the brake test. Twist the TBC to take the handle out of stow and then use the Z and Q keys as normal to move in to B1 etc. The logic behind this is that this is something mainly done out of service, and the doors are closed to allow the train to use the full braking power. That may be changed in the next version.

I will update the manual too.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:05 pm

Jubilee Line Demo discussion 1310

Here is the amended page, until the manual file is updated.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:49 pm

The fact that I use a mac may make it harder for me since I don’t have an Insert button on my keyboard. So when the alarm goes off I can’t reset it. Is there any way to change the keybindings?
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:55 pm

No insert? I always knew they're weird...

You can change all key bindings in the OpenBVE options. Doesn't usually have anything to do with the addon/train plugin. Will be somewhere among the "Safety xyz" keys section.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Brake test now works. I haven't thought to close the doors first as electric trains here undergo a brake test before departing a turn back terminus station while loading passengers.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:41 am

Quork wrote:No insert? I always knew they're weird...

You can change all key bindings in the OpenBVE options. Doesn't usually have anything to do with the addon/train plugin. Will be somewhere among the "Safety xyz" keys section.
Thanks. It works now. Now I just need to get the hang of stopping accurately. Seems that running The Japanese Hayabuchi Line has sorta helped me work on my accuracy of stopping
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:20 pm

MattD6R wrote:Brake test now works. I haven't thought to close the doors first as electric trains here undergo a brake test before departing a turn back terminus station while loading passengers.

It many get changed in the next version.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:35 pm

SP1900 wrote:
Quork wrote:No insert? I always knew they're weird...

Thanks. It works now. Now I just need to get the hang of stopping accurately. Seems that running The Japanese Hayabuchi Line has sorta helped me work on my accuracy of stopping

B2 (half brake) is usually enough to lose most of the speed at slower approaches; obviously at a faster 50mph approach you would use full service brake B3 to slow down sooner.
As long as you are doing 5mph by the time you get to the marker, then you can use more or less braking to achieve your stopping position. It gets easier with practice.

Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Revonthus Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:05 am

I have an issue with the route and I think it's because of my laptop spec so what are the requirements to play this route?
Revonthus
Revonthus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:28 pm

What exactly are your specs, and what is the issue in question?
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by undergroundernie Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:32 pm

The Jubilee.dll does not load, Im currently running Windows 7 64Bit and running openBVE 1.5.3.0 but im not getting any errors when the route loads the only way I can tell the plugin has not loaded is on the TMS screen the the 96stock cab.

undergroundernie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:52 pm

Did your virus scanner remove it? Sometimes it can happen.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by undergroundernie Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 pm

No my anti virus did not remove it as I can still see it in the folder

undergroundernie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Ok then try a different version of the program,
My open bve version is 1.5.1.3.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Have just tested 1.5.3.0 at this end, and it's working as expected Sad

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Just downloaded and played this new Jubilee Line route today. It's really good and I like the new and updated 1996 Stock. However, I was disappointed to find that there was no ATO! We've got it in the Central Line demo, so why can't it be added to this route? Also, there is no TOD (Train Operator Display) like there is in the real 1996 Stock. This displays crucial information to the driver, such as countdown to departure, speed limits, and distance to next station. If you could add these two features in the next release, then these would just make the route and train fantastic! Otherwise, keep up the good work, it's a really good start and I'm looking forward to the rest of the route coming!
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:50 pm

Just downloaded and played this new Jubilee Line route today. It's really good and I like the new and updated 1996 Stock.
Thanks. Smile

However, I was disappointed to find that there was no ATO! We've got it in the Central Line demo, so why can't it be added to this route? Also, there is no TOD (Train Operator Display) like there is in the real 1996 Stock. This displays crucial information to the driver, such as countdown to departure, speed limits, and distance to next station.

Since the route is set in 1999, and it clearly states it in more than one place, ATO did not exist on the line at the time. Therefore this means that there was actually a time where drivers drove, had to stop accurately, and there was no TOD, just a digital speedometer. Therefore for the era in which the route is set, my cab is accurate.

If you could add these two features in the next release, then these would just make the route and train fantastic!

But you just said above you like the new 1996 stock. Talk about a compliment and then an insult!

Otherwise, keep up the good work, it's a really good start and I'm looking forward to the rest of the route coming!

Thanks again, if you really are so desperate for a current day Jubilee line you are most welcome to make one yourself, otherwise I hope you actually do enjoy what has been made and appreciate it.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
Just downloaded and played this new Jubilee Line route today. It's really good and I like the new and updated 1996 Stock.
Thanks. Smile

However, I was disappointed to find that there was no ATO! We've got it in the Central Line demo, so why can't it be added to this route? Also, there is no TOD (Train Operator Display) like there is in the real 1996 Stock. This displays crucial information to the driver, such as countdown to departure, speed limits, and distance to next station.

Since the route is set in 1999, and it clearly states it in more than one place, ATO did not exist on the line at the time. Therefore this means that there was actually a time where drivers drove, had to stop accurately, and there was no TOD, just a digital speedometer. Therefore for the era in which the route is set, my cab is accurate.

If you could add these two features in the next release, then these would just make the route and train fantastic!

But you just said above you like the new 1996 stock. Talk about a compliment and then an insult!

Otherwise, keep up the good work, it's a really good start and I'm looking forward to the rest of the route coming!

Thanks again, if you really are so desperate for a current day Jubilee line you are most welcome to make one yourself, otherwise I hope you actually do enjoy what has been made and appreciate it.
First of all, I was not meaning to insult you; I said that your route and train was good and you had done a great job, compared to the old 1996 Stock. I did not know that the route was set in 1999, so this answers quite a few of my previous questions. Therefore, I agree that ATO or the TOD did not exist then.
Furthermore, I have a general query. Every time I am on the approach to North Greenwich station, when passing the signal which is red then turns green, before the first set of points, the tripcock activates and alarms go off. Why is this? I'm not even going too fast, I am only approaching at 30mph, yet it still activates? Only once have I managed to somehow get through without being stopped. What am I doing wrong please?
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 pm

Everyone calm down, take a deep breath. Smile
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content