BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

openBVE feature requests

+9
BillEWS
thehoviskid
edgreenberg
HijauKuda
Glory! koshikii
jorgecerezo
leezer3
Simcentral
phontanka
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

openBVE feature requests - Page 3 Empty Re: openBVE feature requests

Post by Quork Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:20 pm

For the second one: I think it's more sensible to model the whole car in the 3D cab in those cases. Otherwise you'd always have the full detail cab to render even if you're using an external perspective. There's a Hungarian narrow gauge locomotive (might be mixing things up, but I'm 90% sure that's the vehicle with this solution) which has a nice detailed 3D cab for the normal perspective and an efficient, low-poly variant for the external view.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:10 pm

I think you're refrencing Fav 21 Smile
The thing is that I want to be able to "walk" in and out of the cab and through the train in F2 view and have F1 as a cab camera with more precise movement as it is now. I can just specify the first car's .animated in panel.animated, but not only the car won't have bogies (it's important sometimes, look for Fav 20 in openbve - it has a part of a bogie visible thru cab windows. It is possible to add a bogie object to the "cab" and add some movement to it, but it's too much of a "crutch" solution), the rest of the train is also not rendered at all. (maybe forgot to mention that part)
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 am

Not a request, just an idea I got curious about while looking at a gangway of a moving train Very Happy

Is it theoretically possible to implement deformation physics in openbve for an object between cars? So that a gangway bends following movements of car bodies against each other.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

openBVE feature requests - Page 3 Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 am

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:26 pm

It could be an idea to add the RouteViewer, ObjectViewer and TrainEditor programs to the OpenBVE start menu section.
Which achieves what? The tools are not necessary to run the program, as far as the player is concerned, and adding controls for them within the program start menu doesn't add functionality or clarity for the user.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3