BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

windows 10

4 posters

Go down

windows 10 Empty windows 10

Post by mobile1 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:32 pm

hi all, just downloaded win 10 on my 32bit pc, everything works as nomal, if anything a better frame rate than before, object viewer, route viewer and openbve perform normally...i will spend the afternoon playing and report any problems....hmmmm do i download it to my 64bit laptop, where i do most of my work.....regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

windows 10 Empty Re: windows 10

Post by BillEWS Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:20 pm

I also managed to upgrade to Windows 10 yesterday evening and in regard to OpenBVE everything appears to be working fine. Didn't notice any problems and the graphics moved very smoothly.

Windows 10 feels very positive, albeit I have lots to learn about the new Windows. I am still using my normal Desktop and haven't tried it in Widows 10 Tile application mode, although yo do get the Tiles when clicking on the Widows Icon at the bottom left hand corner of the Taskbar frame. I have Windows 8 on my recently purchased Windows Mobile so have some idea of how it all seems to work. But so far, I am very pleased with the Widows 10 upgrade.

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:43 am

Hi, Loaded win 10 into my 64bit laptop, ran into problems, openbve failed to run on many occasions, win 10 tries to run it but then fails, the only way to try again is to restart the laptop...i have checked to see if there is such a thing as 64bit openbve (dont know too much about how win 10 runs 32 bit programs), re installed the dependancies, stiil the same, waiting for an answer from Microsoft at the moment..might try to put all of the openbve files and folders into the 32bit section of the laptop...progressing..
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:40 pm

IIRC OpenBVE is 32bit only, but the dependencies can and should be loaded as 64bit... Though it's long ago that I installed it and never had problems (I'm on Win7 though), so never had to look into it again.

What might be of interest: Which OpenBVE version are you running? I'm currently using 1.4.3a
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:18 pm

I too am running 1.4.3a, my C:  drive has 2 main folders , 1 says program files, and 1 says program files(x86)..i assume that the 32 bit stuff gets loaded into program files and the 64bit stuff gets loaded into the program files (x86) ...However all of the obve program and the dependances are in the (x86) folder.....might try to move the main program into the 32bit folder and see what happens...when i can get win 10 back, it seems that if you restore back to win7, you have to wait until microsoft provide a link again. we`ll see....
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:27 pm

It is better not to put OBVE in the program folders. I use a directory C\: trainsim where I put all the OpenBVE stuff. Never had any trouble on 64bit win7 PC or 32bit win7 laptop.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:40 pm

I have never had OpenBVE in the Program Folder. Perhaps this is why I have had no problems, either for a long time now and also when upgrading to Windows 10! I have OpenBVE on the Root of the 'C' drive. Windows 7 also had the two Program Folders, one for 'normal' programmes and the other for (X86).

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down