BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh or Rural stations and buildings

5 posters

Go down

Welsh or Rural stations and buildings Empty Welsh or Rural stations and buildings

Post by Tstageman Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Just a quick one folks, if anyone has any Welsh inparticular or rural branch station buildings/platforms that are complete and they wish to share, would you please let me know as I would be able to find a use for these on my new route. I don't often ask for things but it might just pull my latest project along that little quicker if anyone has anything to offer!

Kindest Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Welsh or Rural stations and buildings Empty Re: Welsh or Rural stations and buildings

Post by graymac Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Do you know how often I've tried to get the bloody taffs to build stuff?
Not a chance!
If you want a quick platform, straight or curved, try the platform generator on eezypeasy's website.
Guillyman made it and it is very useful indeed.
For buildings, probably something GWR-like would suit.
Irish isn't much like rest of British isles, but if there's any platforms/station bits you can use from the older IWR Ballindine to Charlestown see if they fit.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Welsh or Rural stations and buildings Empty Re: Welsh or Rural stations and buildings

Post by Tstageman Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:43 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply Gray, I'll have a look at some of yours.

I have tried the platform generator and couldn't get it to work on my laptop. I'll have another go tomorrow and see if I can put up the error message on here and see if I can fix it, as after seeing some of the platforms you had created with it, seems it could be rather useful!

I was working on a route that was a little in the vain of Machynllyth to Aberystwyth/Pwllheli, utilising some of the NWM objects but after spending so long on the tram route, I realised it takes quite a lot of work to start from nothing again!

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Cross Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:33 am

Hi all,

We do build stuff and being hatched many years ago in Caerdydd makes me very much a Taff.

History wise one of the very early UK BVE routes was from Bridgend to Pencoed, not sure if anyone kept this piece of history though.

Also one of the early pioneers of all things rail sim wise was Varn Moorhouse, aka Big Vern and he is still active but after Mecahnik he skipped BVE and moved onto MSTS, Railsim and Trainz. He still has a webpage out there and he lives not to far from the River Taff, his website even has a review of BVE.

We also have Mr Stephen Thomas making / modifying traction for BVE. There are probably others out there and I apologise if I missed you.

I have no plans to make a Welsh route but have worked on many a route in the early days of BVE, from Edinburgh to Aberdeen to quite a few LUL routes. Current projects are Aaron's CityRail route when he asks and a SWT one too. Hey I even animated the controls of a 4CIG many moons ago. I have also did a version of Sydney's ESR that is so old that looks like it was made for a different sim from today's versions. I cut my teeth on modifying (I know people aren't to keen on this) Sandymill offering alternate platforms and gave Anthony B the idea of adding shadows. Unfotunately an illness in late 2008 put me off work for a year with a further year of part time / work from home before I could work fulltime again, today I still don't know if this day will be a good one. So once I remembered BVE (yep remembered) I was happy to see that it was still alive and well but was saddened to see that the names I knew were no longer active in our BVE Community. So when I say that I am relearning all things BVE it is exactly that.

So in a nut shell never made a route myself but have been beavering away in the background doing what I can for others when asked. Will we see another Welsh route, let's hope so.

Bye for now,

Stephen.
Stephen Cross
Stephen Cross

http://www.bve-terminus.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Cross Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:42 am

Hi again,

Missed the second post, if you have a machine be it a PC or laptop the older addons will not work until you add a few legacy files to your machine. The utilities also need to be run in Administrator mode or they will appear to work but produce no outputs, hey even Switch will work. Machines that use a 32 bit version of an OS are better off than the 64 bit ones. I have taken to developing lately on my daughter's Windows 7 32 OS laptop as my main PC has a 64 bit OS installed. Here is an extract from another post that will hopefully help you out.

Here it is;

Vista x86 (32 bit)

You need to download 3 files, or if you still have XP copy them across to your Vista installation. Those 3 files are:

dx7vb.dll
dx8vb.dll
d3drm.dll

You can find them on your XP installation under the Windows\System32 directory. The download links are:

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

Now that you have those 3 files, you need to put them in the Vista system32 directory, this is usually C:\Windows\System32 - best way to do this is to move them using Windows Explorer.

Go to the Start Button, choose All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt. You should get a black window titled "Administrator: Command Prompt" - if not, right click Command Prompt in the start menu and choose "Run as administrator".

In the command window, type in the following (note that means press the enter key):

cd c:\windows\system32 (assuming windows is on your C: drive, if not put the correct letter in.)

regsvr32 dx7vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

regsvr32 dx8vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

exit

That should be it - give BVE a try.

Vista x64 (64 bit)

Follow the steps above up to and including opening the command prompt. However, instead of copying the files to c:\windows\system32, copy them to c:\windows\syswow64

In the command window, type in the following (note that means press the enter key):

cd c:\windows\syswow64 (assuming windows is on your C: drive, if not put the correct letter in.)

regsvr32 dx7vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

regsvr32 dx8vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

exit

BVE should now work on Vista x64.

End of extract, hey this worked for me and I hope it works for others too.

Bye for now,

Stephen.
Stephen Cross
Stephen Cross

http://www.bve-terminus.org

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for that, Stephen - I can confirm that those dll. files do work - have had them installed for 6 months now. Good to see you back on board again. Are you anywhere near Manly??

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Welsh or Rural stations and buildings Empty Welsh or rural stations and buildings

Post by mobile1 Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi John, have a look at the objects on my web site.....bve-lincolnshire.co.uk....you will find a lot of usable objects designed to be around the seventies, they wont look out of place in wales....feel free to use and alter any objects made by me, you may need permission to alter any objects with a credit from someone else.....
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tstageman Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks very much mobile1, much appreciated, I'll have a look and take a few downloads, see what they're like. I have managed to temporarily place a few of Gray's objects in my route to see what they look like and give me some inspiration to build some of my own. I've started to place a few different landscape objects and things, but no where near a scenic route just yet!!

Regards

Tom
Tstageman
Tstageman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down