BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE

+3
meridian222017
Dexter
Greater Anglia Metro
7 posters

Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty 1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Wed May 09, 2012 5:21 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/thumper205/

For use with Jubilee line from https://sites.google.com/site/londonundergroundbve/

I thought I'd upload it even though it is still beta, all that needs sorting out is the cab graphics as far as I know. Any other problems please pm/email.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty Re: 1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE

Post by Dexter Wed May 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Curious, I will try it out when I get home. Smile
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by meridian222017 Wed May 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Not bad, it fills a gap for openBVE users for the time being I suppose. Note I have a brand new 96TS in production (including fully-photoreal external) along with a new fully-photoreal route, both designed for openBVE. More regarding this will be announced in the near future.

meridian222017

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Wed May 09, 2012 7:20 pm

I don't really like the way the motor sounds are coded. Try leaving in P1, and you'll get what I mean. It's still rather good, and will fill in the gap for now.

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meridian222017 Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Yeah I do agree Joey. The new version will feature completely remade motors which will be much more accurate to the real thing.

meridian222017

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed May 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Working with sounds is a difficult thing. I don't think it is that bad... I quite like it...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Wed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Talking abut which, my C751A add-on sounds slightly similar to the LT1996. Anyone wants to tinker around with the motor sounds of the C751A, and see what comes out of it? Razz

joeyfjj

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Wed May 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Those motor sounds have been an issue since the train was first made for BVE4.

Without going into too much detail, the person who made the motor sounds and that part of the train.dat had all the sounds in the wrong format, and because they worked on his computer wouldn't change them. When Open came along, it became apparent that the sounds didn't work for anyone.

The persons reply to this was "Play BVE4 then", this is why there are OpenBVE (using the 1995TS) and BVE4 (using the1996TS) versions of the route. When the time came to upgrade the London Transport Museum's simulators to OpenBVE, these modifications to the sounds were made.

I'm currently working on an update to the Jubilee line for OpenBVE, with more realistic tunnels and animated objects. After the current version is fully functional in Open (Nearly there tbh) then it will be time to think about extending the line backwards towards Finchley Road, all the track for this section is already done, I just need to make the stations.

I wait eagerly for meridian222017's version Very Happy

PS; anyone can feel free to see what they can do about the motor sounds - email it over if you have any luck Smile (Although in reality London Underground drivers are trained to go into full power straight away, as the train limits the power as it is accelerating to ensure it is smooth enough)

Last edited by Greater Anglia Metro on Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm

I'll love to play around with the motor sounds, if I have time off school work and other stuff. If I manage to knock something together, I'll upload them here. Smile

joeyfjj

Back to top Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty LU 1996 Stock Sounds

Post by Wulf_9 Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi all,

Some of you might have heard of me Cool

It's my understanding that a Bve4-compatible train can run under OpenBve with all its features intact? Question

I'm in the process of making my old Bve2 version of the LT1996 Bve4 compatible, it has a highly accurate sound set plus all the features Bve4 is well known for.
At the same time my old LT1995 stock has been dragged into the current decade (currently v2.6), I've been driving it on the Northern v3.1 and from end to end I was never more than 18 secs late... I'm quite pleased with it... more details soon Smile
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 am

Yes, that's right, but only if things like transparency, sounds and other bits of code were done correctly in the first place. The problem with the 96ts is that bits were not done correctly in the first place.

I recall a few years ago before the BVE4 version was released someone on the team tried to port over the sounds from the BVE2 version along with the right part of the train.dat and it didn't work Sad I'd love to include your version on there as it's far better than the current motor sound set...
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty Panel Fix for LU 1996

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 1:43 pm

GAM asked me to fix the white lines, so I did. No credits required, just doing my thing. Enjoy! Wink
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20775186/Wongie2009/BVE/Miscellaneous/lt1996_panelfix.zip
1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE 72931_10151099412299112_684394111_13449763_1049688087_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Sat May 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Cheers, Jeff! Smile

I'll put it into the main download when I'm not on my iPad.
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty SLW LT1996 v2.6 for Bve4/OpenBve

Post by Wulf_9 Wed May 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Well my original 96 always had proper sounds from day one Razz

Before that there wasn't one, it was derived from Steve G. and Keith H.'s 95 stock... and is now much-updated, tweaked and refined. The main features are, as per the train.txt :

* Power rail gapping using prototypical shoe positions, first car only
* Working trainstop with override
* Trainstop alarm audio & visual indicator
* Self-test on initial startup (reverser moved for the first time)
* Service speed limiter (55mph working)
* Independant door control with left & right sounds
* Timetable display
* Animated control handle with sounds (corrected for proper operation)
* Day & night cab elements
* Wiper & raindrops with sound
* Accurate linear speedometer derived from the work of Phillip So
* Speed target using ammeter function (also shows drive interrupt when current lost)
* Stereo motor, compressor, flange & run sounds
* Highly accurate train.dat file

The panel has been extensively worked over with many new components, also some old glitches tidied up, including the 'shifted' edges of the door control panels and the power/brake handle now works the proper way round (on these trains brakes is back and power is forward). The pressure gauge is hand-drawn and the bezel is the texture from one of my old Trainz models - about time it got one instead of that stupid clock Very Happy

Sounds have been completely revamped to 'proto-ise' them (is that a word? Shocked ) so that you aren't deafened by motors or compressors - everything has been reworked to sound like it should from a cab position, not lying under the train! Very Happy

Known issues :

Due to the reduced panel size compared to current offerings, the raindrops are randomly-placed (couldn't use an existing config)
and as a result they aren't particularly well-synched to the wiper - the problem here is the fact that the Oskari Saarekas Drop Creator tool was on his now-defunct website and try as I might I can't find any other references to it. I find it hard to believe that such an essential utility is unavailable, if anyone can come up with an alternative, or some contact info for Oskari, please PM me (it was a php script so I could easily host it on my CGI server for all to use). Come on, is everyone going to be copying each other's rain/wiper configs forever now?

Ok, enough rant, now to the fun, download it here* - I suggest the Jubilee Line v4 by Kelvin Liu (Green Park to Bermondsey) to run it on, it's eerily realistic Smile

* Note on downloading : on the first screen, click on the folder icon next to the description, in the next screen you will see the list of files, use the menu at the top and click File --> Download

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE LT1996-GrnPk

Last edited by Wulf_9 on Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : Train updated to version 2.6)
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Wed May 16, 2012 8:17 pm

As to the drops; it would be great if the cabs featuring rain would distribute drops over the whole window and not only where the wiper is. It would add much to realism. As a matter of a fact, often there is more unwiped than wiped parts of the window, leading to quite limited view in rain. Of course this would need the drops to disappear after some time, e.g. a randomized lifetime between 2 and 10min, with a probability distributed along the gaussian distribution curve centered at 6min.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

The drops do actually disappear quite soon so I'm guessing the plugin controls their 'lifetime' somehow - the main thing is to get 'em to go when the wiper passes that spot (NEED that drop creator tool!). If you leave the wiper off, the screen does eventually fill with all 51 drops Smile
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Your version doesn't look bad either for an old train, nice work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Wed May 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Cheers! Smile
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

1996 Tube Stock for OpenBVE Empty Update to v2.5

Post by Wulf_9 Sun May 20, 2012 12:49 am

BUMP!

Ok it's back, now at version 2.5 with a much better panel, see the screenie in the main post, download link is restored... have at it Very Happy
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Tue May 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Compressor sound issue fixed, motor sounds/power profile updated
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Without going into too much detail, the person who made the motor sounds and that part of the train.dat had all the sounds in the wrong format, and because they worked on his computer wouldn't change them. When Open came along, it became apparent that the sounds didn't work for anyone.

The persons reply to this was "Play BVE4 then", this is why there are OpenBVE (using the 1995TS) and BVE4 (using the1996TS) versions of the route. When the time came to upgrade the London Transport Museum's simulators to OpenBVE, these modifications to the sounds were made.

I see well for the record the 96 sounds are mine and I certainly don't recall being asked to upgrade them to open ever!
Although I do remember that when a (certain) someone else put them in a newer openbve version of the train, they managed to MESS the dat file up giving the train a horrible sound! As for the museum frankly the way they acted I have every right to turn around and pull my sounds out, but i'm not that childish.
When I first upgraded the 96's sounds it had some great run sounds and a great sounding motor; great for bve4 anyway! I think after what I have achieved with my 92 stock motor and unreleased 95 stock motor, given half a chance I could really do something great with the 96 now. But at the moment my concern is the central line.

But for the record I didn't refuse to upgrade my sounds as I was never asked!

Last edited by mrknowitall on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took away inappropriate language - please refrain from swearing on these boards.)
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down