BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

launch of BVE-DEPOT

+10
BruceS
Neil
vpodhola
Northern Line
johnsinden
Dexter
pedned
busheyheath
viccylinefan
mrknowitall
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

launch of BVE-DEPOT  Empty launch of BVE-DEPOT

Post by mrknowitall Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 pm

now i know we have some (well ok a lot) of developers on these boards.

But i really need some info. How many DRIVERS have we got here? who actually play OpenBVE and then check their score etc...

I need to have names please, i have a project under way. which will benefit those who are TRAIN DRIVERS on OpenBVE.

Last edited by mrknowitall on Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name change)
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

launch of BVE-DEPOT  Empty Re: launch of BVE-DEPOT

Post by viccylinefan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Well I'm a serious driver, who doesn't check their score..... (Maybe I should!). But yes count me in any day!

viccylinefan

viccylinefan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:31 pm

would you be up for a new trail system where you are managed?
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by viccylinefan Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm

Yes, count me in!

viccylinefan

viccylinefan

Back to top Go down

Post by busheyheath Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Dunno, I drive trains when I'm not busy developing. I don't mind the scores much, as long as I stop at each station. Mostly London Underground.
busheyheath
busheyheath

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Oh, well at the moment the tests im undergoing for drivers will be trains off my site, for now at least. then after that others. but im sure if the tests go well we can get a few LU trains involved in the picture!
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:56 pm

I check my score every now and then. But not every time...
But If I can be of help, let me know mate!

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Samme here, if I am not busy developing or with some other stuff (started a new job on Tuesday), then I don't mind taking a ride or two. Anyhow, it makes me furious when I drive some new route and miss the station... Smile
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 pm

You can count me in on this as well, Ben - I try to be as accurate as I can with speed restrictions, route knowledge, station stops AND the final score. Does yer good to see a "superb" or "excellent" at the end of your shift. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Cheers,

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsinden Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

What's your new job, Derryck??
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am

Brilliant! well i don't think developer would really be into this! but if you would like to give this "new trial" a go, then please. just say yes. it requires you logging onto a new site, to which you get access to a few of my trains, which you get to choose how to custom build! best thing is! you dont need to do the coding! Smile

Basically you get a form. something like this.

choose train. ( these would be the ones available at the time of release)

choose train code number ( last three digits only)

(soo 350, 333/450,333/221,222/156,333 - this would then be the chosen persons running number for all trains they want to run)

bogie configuration

attached/seperate

animations

yes/no

lights

yes/no

then you wait until i get the trains running for you, i load them to the new site, and you then run the diagrams on the site for you. once you run them, you send the log file in a .txt file (notepad) and your score is added to your profile.

lets say you then have 5 good runs, you may then request (on the new site) for an upgrade, these will not have been put on ANY of the BVE4TRAINZ site downloads, meaning a totally new item could be added. things like new wheel sets, advanced bogie layouts (with added dampers etc...) and so on!

basically rewarding the drivers with what they want! if they decide they want to run (for instance a new download comes out) a new train diagram, then then apply. and can have extra items added once they build up a good portfolio Smile

Its just a fun little experience for those who enjoy the simulator experience!

not a VTOC, but a DEPOT which rewards its drivers with better refurbs pf there units!

Razz
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:47 am

Based on this really cool idea, would it be a good idea to make a bve4trainz train driver program? Since im currently learning visual basic in windows form, I can create a program that makes it easy for bve4trainz drivers to fill out. It'll be something like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |bve4trainz driver logo| |
| Choose Train. |
| ( ) Class 450
| (.) Class 350
| Choose Train Code
| ex. 350
| ( ) 425
| (.) 259
------------------------------------------------------------ was an idea that popped up. The plan was that the driver would fill out a form then the form is sent to your email
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:49 am

Im not sure if you'd want this but it's up to you. And also count me in on this. I'm racking scores at the moment.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:45 am

johnsinden wrote:What's your new job, Derryck??
Network admin for one big company.:-)

mrknowitall wrote:Brilliant! well i don't think developer would really be into this! but if you would like to give this "new trial" a go, then please. just say yes. it requires you logging onto a new site, to which you get access to a few of my trains, which you get to choose how to custom build! best thing is! you dont need to do the coding! Smile

Basically you get a form. something like this.

choose train. ( these would be the ones available at the time of release)

choose train code number ( last three digits only)

(soo 350, 333/450,333/221,222/156,333 - this would then be the chosen persons running number for all trains they want to run)

bogie configuration

attached/seperate

animations

yes/no

lights

yes/no

then you wait until i get the trains running for you, i load them to the new site, and you then run the diagrams on the site for you. once you run them, you send the log file in a .txt file (notepad) and your score is added to your profile.

lets say you then have 5 good runs, you may then request (on the new site) for an upgrade, these will not have been put on ANY of the BVE4TRAINZ site downloads, meaning a totally new item could be added. things like new wheel sets, advanced bogie layouts (with added dampers etc...) and so on!

basically rewarding the drivers with what they want! if they decide they want to run (for instance a new download comes out) a new train diagram, then then apply. and can have extra items added once they build up a good portfolio Smile

Its just a fun little experience for those who enjoy the simulator experience!

not a VTOC, but a DEPOT which rewards its drivers with better refurbs pf there units!

Razz

Yep, I was also thinking about making a utility that would allow custom builds for all the trains in the world, but that would require a database of trains and their axles...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:12 am

northern line, i have just created a form via google documents, which then sends an email to the email address provided. and a link to the depot where you register with the driver number you choose on the form. and then they store your driver detail's.

http://www.bve4trainz.co.uk/create-a-train

fill out the form to apply. and then your train will be made and sent to the depot. lets see if this project takes off Razz
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:15 pm

it would be awesome of there was an easy external building utility that worked similar to how for example dream weaver built html code. you upload the images. tell it where the number/name is. where to pivot the bogies and it does it for you. I think this would make us all train developers! how easy or even possible to implement this would be though, is another question.

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:25 pm

luckily i have all my objects in "blocks" so basically when i see what they want, i put all the blocks together, change an image or two. and then upload for them to enjoy! simple!

Razz

hopefully Very Happy
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:43 pm

ok then. 31108 please. you have the textures already haha

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Got 5 requests all ready. only day 1 Very Happy

sorry jamie. the 31 is not a selectable train due to me still working on the thing Razz
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by vpodhola Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 pm

I am fan of railway generally and that is why am a fan of openBVE, too. I DRIVE, I am an openBVE engine-driver, at least one times per week. Naturally if I drive a track for the first time, my rating is horrible but step-by-step I am better and I have some favourite tracks with very good final rating. I am not developer but I am able to repair transparency problems of some BVE2 objects to be able to drive them in openBVE or to assemble or modify a train.
I very appreciate people making such things like open BVE for enjoyment of other people.

Many thanks to all developers!
vpodhola
vpodhola

Back to top Go down

Post by pedned Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Ben send me the link when you're ready. I'm up for it...

pedned

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:04 pm

If you go to my site ( www.bve4trainz.co.uk ) and its on the tabs, fill out a request form. WITH AN EMAIL. and then emails guide you from there

Last edited by Northern Line on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link had problems with working. the ")" was included in the link chain)
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, day 2 and now over 25+ requests! thankyou to everyone who has read and give this"trail" a go! im going to have to employ a foreman to keep track of the depot soon because Im away for police training between Monday and Wednesday! Razz but by all means everyone keep sending your requests in!

I noticed the 350 has been chosen the most, and BTW, the other trains you can select HAVE NOT yet been publicly addressed as ready to download. so you can get your hands on 1 of two new trains before anyone else Very Happy
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm

This is a brilliant idea, count me in as I do enjoy driving and try to get the highest score possible. I have got a few "Superb" and "Excellent" ratings and have a log or two to your avail. Very Happy

I've filled out the form for my design. Razz
Neil
Neil

http://neilsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:43 pm

Ive signed on! Smile - Would love to help with your project too! Very Happy

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content