BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater

2 posters

Go down

Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater Empty Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater

Post by Gothpaladinus Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:00 am

Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater Openbv10
Hello there. I've just updated my openBVE from 1.8.2.0 to 1.8.2.1, and I've found out two problems.
The first one is just a slight syntax error in the in-app version updater, when you click on "check for updates" button in the main menu GUI: in the updater link the "V.1.8.2.1" should be "v.1.8.2.1" because the wrong capitalization of the "version" word abbreviation makes the update link lead to non-existing page. I've noticed this linking failure in the older 1.8.x versions as well, not the 1.8.2.0 is the only one having this error.
The second one, however, is a bit more complex, and it only appears since the latest update, in 1.8.2.0 it wasn't yet this way, it was more tolerant by 1 KPH. I've attached a screenshot where it can be clearly seen that the program warns me for overspeeding with driving over 40 KPH while the real-time speed is only 39.6 KPH, so it is a wrong warning this way. This warning should only appear at reaching 41.00 KPH and should fade reaching 39.99 KPH, not appearing at 40.00 KPH only fading at at 39.50 KPH, because not 0.5 KPH should decide if you overspeed but just 0.01 KPH if it's already a measurable difference in the game.

Last edited by Gothpaladinus on Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Version numbers mentioned fixed in highlighted section)
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

https://gothpaladinus.wixsite.com/gothpaladinusbve

Back to top Go down

Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater Empty Re: Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater

Post by leezer3 Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:15 am

Hmm...

The overspeed message got tweaked last build to make it work properly when stopping & then overspending again within the same limit. 

I actually made the decision to trigger at 40km/h exactly, as opposed to the 41km/h previously; IIRC there's there's a small time trigger for it to fade out. 
That's technically as designed therefore, but might want tweaking back to the 1km/h tolerance.

Will fix the link tomorrow.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Gothpaladinus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater Empty Re: Wrong overspeed measurement, syntax error in in-app updater

Post by Gothpaladinus Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:54 pm

The overspeeding error message glitch still isn't fixed in 1.8.3... But at least the updater link is already good.
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gothpaladinus Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:19 pm

Version 1.8.3.1: the updater button again leads to the non-existing page of 1.8.2.0 when it says 1.8.3.2 got released. Overspeed measurement still not fixed. I would be glad if we could mark these solved, but these problems are still around.
Gothpaladinus
Gothpaladinus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down