BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?)

Go down

Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?) Empty Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?)

Post by Delsin Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:55 pm

I made a right part of this door and used MirrorAll 0,0,1 on an identical object to make a left side, but somehow it has flipped normals both in Z and X directions. You can see that on the mirrored half of the door - it's darker while both halves use the same texture. This doesn't happen when I mirror along other axis (for example, use a MirrorAll 1,0,0 and RotateAll 0,1,0,180 combo)Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?) Door_b10
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?) Empty Re: Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?)

Post by leezer3 Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:35 am

Thanks, now that's an old bug...

Typo, which as as far as I can find seems to date back to Michelle's builds Smile

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?) Empty Re: Mirror command flips normals incorrectly(?)

Post by Delsin Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Lol Openbve is full of these old bits and bugs. I once went to find all sound problems - ended up with a huge list I've posted in a separate topic some time ago. Might be not a priority, but that's a lot of stuff with the sound system alone Razz
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum