BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route

3 posters

Go down

Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route Empty Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route

Post by SamP Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:03 pm

Hi,

I downloaded this new route last night and am having trouble running it. It allows me to get as far as just after the 70 speed board and whenever I reach the top of the bank where the 80speed board is BVE freezes and then crashes. Its the same point in the track every time. Have tried different trains and they all do it. All other routes run without issue. 

Have tried both scenarios and tried skipping stations on the stopper scene to try and get round it but as soon as I select the next station it freezes and then crashes again.

Am running OpenBVE v 1.5.4.1 (the latest) with the latest mono on Mac OS10.13. 

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Many thanks

SamP

Back to top Go down

Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route Empty Re: Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route

Post by graymac Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:02 pm

I don't have access to Mac, Sam. (not since they went Intel, that's a while ago!!)
Can you be more specific about the route position (in metres/km) where it crashes? Perhaps other Mac users can say if this has happened to them?
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route Empty Re: Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route

Post by SamP Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. It gets to this location in the photo (just after the trainsheds on the left after the first 70speed board. It freezes just before the line to the left merges. Not sure how to find out the miles into the route that is.

Once it crashes (same place each time) it gives an error box “mono-sgen32 quit unexpectedly”.

Not sure if that’s any help?

SamP

Back to top Go down

Post by SamP Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:28 pm

Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route 0bcc6710Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route 0bcc6710Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route 0bcc6710

SamP

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:05 pm

The crash is being caused by the following texture (which is first loaded by an object in the block starting at 4050m):
Railway\Object\Portarlington\General\py1.png

I've no idea why, but it's taking down Mono's libgdiplus PNG decoder.
Raised with them as https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/13043

Extract the attached replacement copy into the folder above, and you should be good.

Graymac- Might be an idea to update the download with this one too Smile
Attachments
Issue running the new Celtic Portarlington route Attachment
py1.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SamP Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Many thanks for the reply. I’ll try downloading that replacement file when I get home tonight and see if it works.

Cheers again

SamP

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks Chris, Ive just replaced the server route with that replacement file included.
It was a very basic index color bitmap which was part of the electricity pylon object.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamP Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Many thanks again, works perfectly now!

Great route, thanks for all your effort with it. Shame there is so little content for BVE as what there is is fantastic.

SamP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down