BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains

3 posters

Go down

Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains Empty Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains

Post by Terrence1946 Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:15 am

Something I don't understand! To download the Class 25 and Hymek trains, you need also to download the Mk1 UK zip file otherwise there are no external views for the complete train.  However, the train is in brown livery only and there is no way to change the colour to blue livery as suggested by the Mk1 UK zip file.  I downloaded this file to the 'train' file but all I see when opening the BVE simulation is the following:

Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains Ch110 
and
Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains Ch210

You will note that Mk1 Corridor and Blue Mk1 show just as brown squares but serve no function.  Am I to understand that the brown livery stock is the only available colour or have I failed to download the MK1 zip file correctly?  This is a minor issue and the Cheltenham route and trains run perfectly well but I'm curious about the function of the Mk1 zipfile.

Terry.

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains Empty Re: Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains

Post by Quork Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:32 am

Erm... Those "boxes" are folders. You double-click them, they open. And inside there, there most probably are the trains you're looking for
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains Empty Celtic Trainsim: Cheltenham Trains

Post by Terrence1946 Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Quork wrote:Erm... Those "boxes" are folders. You double-click them, they open. And inside there, there most probably are the trains you're looking for
Tried that and then a blank!

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Hum... Okay, that's strange. We'll see what Graymac says =)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:33 pm

The WR "chocolate and custard" livery is appropriate for the route. The BR Blue livery came around the time the line closed and Mk1 stock would have been repainted in Blue/Grey later, by 1968. I made BR blue stock along with the GWR & BR 1951 stock at the same time. Although the blue coaches are included with the "UK Mark1" package none of the extension.cfg files for the Class 25 or the Hymek are configured to use the Blue coaches. The extensions.cfg file in the train folder would need to be edited to the object and path of the blue items. A replacement is attached, "extensions.zip" - I recommend you rename / save the original before installing it in the Class 25 folder, assuming you feel competent and able to do this.

History note: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/British_Railways_Mark_1
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrence1946 Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 am

graymac wrote:The WR "chocolate and custard" livery is appropriate for the route. The BR Blue livery came around the time the line closed and Mk1 stock would have been repainted in Blue/Grey later, by 1968. I made BR blue stock along with the GWR & BR 1951 stock at the same time. Although the blue coaches are included with the "UK Mark1" package none of the extension.cfg files for the Class 25 or the Hymek are configured to use the Blue coaches. The extensions.cfg file in the train folder would need to be edited to the object and path of the blue items. A replacement is attached, "extensions.zip" - I recommend you rename / save the original before installing it in the Class 25 folder, assuming you feel competent and able to do this.

History note: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/British_Railways_Mark_1
Thanks 'graymac' for your input but I would prefer to leave the folders as they are. I'm not savvy enough to alter what works very well anyway.

Terrence1946

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down